An Outsiders Perspective on this Community

Constructive opposition
JustaPerson
Newcomer

An Outsiders Perspective on this Community

Post by JustaPerson » May 10th, 2019, 1:01 am

I don't want to get into an argument with anyone, but I do have a few things I'd like to say about this community, and if anyone is willing to listen and talk with me, I'd really like that.
Over the past year or so, I've heard a lot about the incel community. I've watched a lot of videos on the topic, and I believe myself to be relatively well-versed on most of the terms and ideologies that many of you believe in. Still, I don't claim to know everyone who labels themselves to be an incel, and some of the ideas I have around the community could be false. That being said, I have a lot of criticism of this community. I'm not trying to attack anyone, but I think it would be very interesting to talk to some of you, and see what you have to say. Some of the things I say might be harsh, but I genuinely am not trying to attack or blame any of you for anything, this is just how I honestly feel about this community as an entity, instead of any one individual or group of individuals.
So, now that that's been said, I'd like to say that, in my opinion, the incel community is very toxic. It's toxic for both the members and non-members alike, and I honestly can't read a lot of the posts here without feeling really bad, just because of how harmful it is. A lot of you seem to be really depressed and down on life, and I'm honestly really sorry that life has dealt you a bad hand. Life isn't fair, obviously, and some people are born with innate advantages over others.
So, In a sense, I understand where some of you are coming from. Fitting in can be really difficult, and it can sometimes seem downright impossible. I understand feeling left out for reasons that you can't control, I really do. But, you know, life sucks for most people. Yeah, some people were super lucky and were born with a perfect face, a perfect body, a stable family, and lots of money and status, but the vast majority of people are not like that. Most of us were not that lucky. So, we just have to make do with what we were given. However, despite that, our lives are not carved into stone. Even if you weren't born with any of those things, you can still live a fulfilling life. Even if it feels like you can't.
I know that this will likely just be met with scorn and criticism, but I sincerely hope some of you can fight your gut reaction and really try to think about this. Most people living in first world countries today have amazing opportunities that allow them to change and improve their lives. I really think you guys can do better than this community that seems to be fueled mostly by hatred, both of yourselves and of others. I don't mean to bash it completely, because I understand that having other people to relate to can be really helpful. Still, I don't think relating in this kind of way is helpful for anyone. Many of you seem to have very negative mindsets on life and yourselves, and I think that a lot of you could be a lot happier if you tried to change that. Not that it's easy to change, but it is possible, and I do really think that most of you have the ability to change and improve your lives.
I'm sure I'm not the first to post something like this, and I know this kind of stuff is maybe not very welcome, but I still hope that we can have a civil discussion about this. Thanks to all of you.
SoThisIsMe

Re: An Outsiders Perspective on this Community

Post by SoThisIsMe » May 10th, 2019, 1:15 am

I didn't even know what an "incel" was until after I made my second post on this site. TBH I am still fairly new to the concept of "inceldom", I don't know half of the weird ass lingo they use.
Lordgoro

Post by Lordgoro » May 10th, 2019, 1:17 am

You Try being Denied, rejected, etc.. for an entire LIFETIME by women who NEVER want to get close to you, then come back and tell us how "toxic" you think we are? Monsters arent BORN, WE are CREATED!! :x
May the LORD have Mercy on you, cause you'll get NONE from ME!!
SoThisIsMe

Post by SoThisIsMe » May 10th, 2019, 1:25 am

Lordgoro wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 1:17 am
You Try being Denied, rejected, etc.. for an entire LIFETIME by women who NEVER want to get close to you, then come back and tell us how "toxic" you think we are? Monsters arent BORN, WE are CREATED!! :x
If that is the case. Monsters are not animals, monsters can be changed.
love

Post by love » May 10th, 2019, 1:27 am

It’s not a helpful environment because it’s toxic but at the same time it’s still a beneficial because it’s a social group and a place to vent.
Surprise, I am a girl!
JustaPerson
Newcomer

Post by JustaPerson » May 10th, 2019, 1:40 am

Lordgoro wrote:
I really don't think you can honestly deny that this community is toxic. I know you won't likely listen to me, but this community is for the most part unhelpful for everyone here. I'm sure there are some good parts for the people who frequent it, otherwise no one would, but at the end of the day, a lot of the things that are believed to be true in this community are extremely negative and harsh for everyone involved. It's obviously toxic for the people not involved because it labels them all kind of things, the vast majority of them derogatory in every way except for appearance-wise. For those of you in the community, you're really hurting yourselves by being so down on yourselves and supporting other people being down on themselves. It's just a cycle of negativity. I'm not saying that this community causes all of your problems or anything, but it really doesn't help. A lot of you also blame society and other people for all of your problems, and while society definitely has its issues, and none of you are really fully responsible for the situation you find yourselves in, I really think you need to try to take *some* responsibility. Realize that you can improve your life by changing your habits and actions. Even if your situation is completely not your fault, that doesn't mean you should wallow in your own self pity and simply force yourself to believe that nothing will ever change. Because if you do that, it's certainly not going to change. Now, I'm sure a lot of you have tried to change, but probably gave up on it when you weren't seeing the results you hoped for, but you really can't do that. Change is a long and arduous process, and the effects may not be apparent for a very long time. But you have to push through it in order to actually live a happier life.

I'm going off here a bit more than I should, but I just really feel for all of you, because I think you could all be a lot happier than you are right now. I know whatever I say doesn't really matter, because it has to come from you, but I've got to at least try.

As for being a "monster," I honestly don't think anyone is a monster. Some people do really horrible things, but they're still human, and they can still change and improve. I don't hate you guys, I really don't. I just don't think you're doing yourselves any favors.
JustaPerson
Newcomer

Post by JustaPerson » May 10th, 2019, 1:42 am

love wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 1:27 am
It’s not a helpful environment because it’s toxic but at the same time it’s still a beneficial because it’s a social group and a place to vent.
Yeah, I get that. Having a place to vent is important for everyone. But that doesn't change that the ideas that many people here believe are not only harmful to other people, but to themselves as well.
JustaPerson
Newcomer

Post by JustaPerson » May 10th, 2019, 1:45 am

SoThisIsMe wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 1:15 am
I didn't even know what an "incel" was until after I made my second post on this site. TBH I am still fairly new to the concept of "inceldom", I don't know half of the weird ass lingo they use.
Yeah, there is a lot of lingo, I'm sure I'm not familiar with some of it as well. I hear a lot about it through my social circles, and I'm really into politics, and it sometimes comes up with that too. I think most people aren't aware of it, though.
tremor
Staff Member

Post by tremor » May 10th, 2019, 7:50 am

I deeply loathe Western normans for their habit of blaming their own feelings on someone else. It's a roastie thing to do.
"Electric boogaloo! LE toxic inkwells make me and m'lady feel uncomfortable... I got to do something! Doggo! I go stream playing muh switch my wife's boyfriend has given me for my favourite strangerinos! I'm virgin but at least I'm not y'all!"

Also Cambridge dictionary says "toxic" is either actually poisonous or unpleasant/causing harm and unhappiness. As for the latter, it's low IQ to call anything objectively toxic, whether it is done by language users or not, because, as you see, we incels like it here. You do not, but nobody forces you to stay here and it's not like someone has invited you.
Drang nach Westen.
lordoftheincels
Staff Member

Post by lordoftheincels » May 10th, 2019, 12:35 pm

JustaPerson wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 1:40 am
Lordgoro wrote:
I really don't think you can honestly deny that this community is toxic.
This community is a lot less toxic than most communities on the interwebs. Most internet forums resort to personal insults and flame wars with its own members constantly. That never happens here.

What you said earlier about life sucking for everyone, is true. While females have no trouble finding romance, they are still in the broken shitshow economy where the 1% controls everything. Not all women succeed at golddigging, and have to work many jobs. Most people have severe college debt in muh first world country. Your advice about it being easy to succeed in first world countries, is simply not true.
Bluepill is a delusion. It is only truth in the eyes of normies.