oldntired1955 wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 5:39 pm
an :)
and thank you
No problem.
ralpeg

Re: The Truth about Everything

Post by ralpeg » March 6th, 2019, 4:13 am

The problem is it's a rant. So it doesn't just get to the point.

and it's not all really truth, I don't believe that he got really annoyed that a woman didn't have a favourite food, he's just trying to be a comedian there. He's imagining himself standing in front of an audience entertaining people.

his playing a video of himself playing a computer game while he talks, is completely irrelevant to what he's saying and makes me dizzy watching.

If this is about truth then i'd rather it was a few min max, and pref some bullet points(ideally things I don't already know, so things that aren't obvious, otherwise what's the point).
lordoftheincels
Staff Member

Post by lordoftheincels » March 10th, 2019, 1:43 pm

ralpeg wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 4:13 am
The problem is it's a rant. So it doesn't just get to the point.

and it's not all really truth, I don't believe that he got really annoyed that a woman didn't have a favourite food, he's just trying to be a comedian there. He's imagining himself standing in front of an audience entertaining people.

his playing a video of himself playing a computer game while he talks, is completely irrelevant to what he's saying and makes me dizzy watching.

If this is about truth then i'd rather it was a few min max, and pref some bullet points(ideally things I don't already know, so things that aren't obvious, otherwise what's the point).
Time to stop being modern and get over your ADHD.

I thought the video was entertaining, even my modern standards.

Either you seem to be suffering from too much modernity, or the opposite, maybe too Amish and don't like the moving pictures.

Why not just close your eyes if the video is bothering you? Or put up a tab? How modern can you get?

Bullet points? This isn't some boring corporate power point presentation. It's supposed to be him speaking from the heart. FYI power point would probably take even longer to watch.
ralpeg

Post by ralpeg » March 10th, 2019, 8:22 pm

lordoftheincels wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 1:43 pm
Time to stop being modern and get over your ADHD.

I thought the video was entertaining, even my modern standards.

Either you seem to be suffering from too much modernity, or the opposite, maybe too Amish and don't like the moving pictures.

Why not just close your eyes if the video is bothering you? Or put up a tab? How modern can you get?

Bullet points? This isn't some boring corporate power point presentation. It's supposed to be him speaking from the heart. FYI power point would probably take even longer to watch.
Fair point re the video aspect, ignoring the video putting it in another tab (though I wonder who watches the video aspect and what they get out of that?)

Why would it matter whether he is speaking passionately or not. or "from the heart". I'd rather he just speaks the truth concisely.

Him ranting for a long period of time, saying things I already know isn't mentally stimulating, and him combining that with some complete BS that he probably doesn't truly believe(the objection to a girl not having a favourite food line), is even worse.

Maybe if he didn't communicate while playing computer games then he would communicate in a more intelligent manner.

Ultimately i'm looking for whatever points he is making that I don't already know, and i'm not getting them from his communication style. Listening to him ranting takes time away that I could otherwise be spending exercising or eating or programming or educating myself or contemplating something. I cannot comprehend why you want to listen to a rant? Did you learn anything from it that you didn't know before? What are you getting out of it?
lordoftheincels
Staff Member

Post by lordoftheincels » March 11th, 2019, 2:50 am

Maybe you should stop being an amish and deal with it.

He is talking on a pirate ship but I know you serious types like dry boring talk-show type conversations of people in pantsuits talking in a boring manner.

The point is a rally call, battle cry, a sense of comradery, a HOORAY as mel gibson gives his speech so to speak. Sorry it failed to satisfy your deep intellectual needs.