why do some here hate successful people?

ralpeg
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: March 1st, 2019, 3:29 am

why do some here hate successful people?

Post by ralpeg » March 4th, 2019, 10:03 pm

why do some here hate successful people?

why not admire them?

they haven't done anything to hurt you.

what do you want them to do? fail to make you feel better?

you wouldn't do that for them.

so why are you hating them when you'd do exactly what they are doing if you were them (/if you had their luck), and you and they would be right to.

it makes no sense. it's not rational.

is anybody here like that and actually thinking it's rational?

or do those here that are like that admit that it's irrational and stupid?
naggerfiggot21
Newcomer
Posts: 3
Joined: February 27th, 2019, 9:52 am

Re: why do some here hate successful people?

Post by naggerfiggot21 » March 5th, 2019, 8:24 am

agree doesn't make any sense
User avatar
tremor
Staff Member
Posts: 696
Joined: January 13th, 2019, 10:04 pm

Re: why do some here hate successful people?

Post by tremor » March 5th, 2019, 2:39 pm

What did I miss? AFAIK incels may hate people whose success is only thanks to their looks and IMO it's justified in a sense, because such people usually don't create value. Perhaps you could explain what exactly you are talking about and, if I'm wrong, correct me.
Every woman adores a Fascist
The boot in the face, the brute
Brute heart of a brute like you
User avatar
lordoftheincels
Member
Posts: 858
Joined: August 23rd, 2018, 6:58 pm

Re: why do some here hate successful people?

Post by lordoftheincels » March 5th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Many of the successful people of 2019 are low value people or scam artists like Tai Lopez or Sam Ovens.

Nowadays success is often equated with just popularity and manipulation rather than actual ability or talent.
bcroger2
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: December 16th, 2018, 7:01 pm

Re: why do some here hate successful people?

Post by bcroger2 » March 6th, 2019, 11:32 pm

Not all attractive people are successful. Someone could have an attractive wife and work as a janitor and she could be unemployed.
User avatar
reg509
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: February 21st, 2019, 2:05 pm

Re: why do some here hate successful people?

Post by reg509 » March 7th, 2019, 4:35 am

I feel like this post was directly inspired by my post the other day "completely worthless and bitter about it" where I said I've come to resent all talented people because I am untalented and you responded to me with confusion asking these same questions.

I don't think it's "rational" emotions aren't rational, jealousy isn't rational. I acknowledge this, yet that still doesn't change the fact that that's how I feel. I wouldn't fuck up my favorite artists careers if given the chance. I'm just venting my irrational thoughts and feelings. If this forum isn't the place to do that then I don't know where is.
Once you reach the top, the only way left to go from there is back down.
ralpeg
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: March 1st, 2019, 3:29 am

Re: why do some here hate successful people?

Post by ralpeg » March 11th, 2019, 2:16 pm

tremor wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 2:39 pm
What did I miss? AFAIK incels may hate people whose success is only thanks to their looks and IMO it's justified in a sense, because such people usually don't create value. Perhaps you could explain what exactly you are talking about and, if I'm wrong, correct me.
Even those people whose success is only down to their looks, are not to blame, so why hate them?

reg is right re what inspired my post.
User avatar
lordoftheincels
Member
Posts: 858
Joined: August 23rd, 2018, 6:58 pm

Re: why do some here hate successful people?

Post by lordoftheincels » March 11th, 2019, 2:20 pm

bcroger2 wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 11:32 pm
Not all attractive people are successful. Someone could have an attractive wife and work as a janitor and she could be unemployed.
Bullshit. I've never seen a janitor that was physically attractive.
ralpeg
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: March 1st, 2019, 3:29 am

Re: why do some here hate successful people?

Post by ralpeg » March 11th, 2019, 2:22 pm

reg509 wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 4:35 am
I feel like this post was directly inspired by my post the other day "completely worthless and bitter about it" where I said I've come to resent all talented people because I am untalented and you responded to me with confusion asking these same questions.

I don't think it's "rational" emotions aren't rational, jealousy isn't rational. I acknowledge this, yet that still doesn't change the fact that that's how I feel. I wouldn't fuck up my favorite artists careers if given the chance. I'm just venting my irrational thoughts and feelings. If this forum isn't the place to do that then I don't know where is.
I suppose if you acknowledge that you know it's not rational and you don't care that it's not rational, then it saves anybody the effort of trying to explain it to you.

And emotions can be rationally based. It's reasonably rational to hate somebody that tries to cause me harm. I know of somebody that was quite good with girls, and used to hate people who were better with girls than him, or dressed better than him, and he used to think "that asshole" so they had thoughts/feelings like that, but changed their thoughts and their feelings followed from that. If you actually don't care about being irrational then that's another matter but it helps if you make that clear.
User avatar
lordoftheincels
Member
Posts: 858
Joined: August 23rd, 2018, 6:58 pm

Re: why do some here hate successful people?

Post by lordoftheincels » March 11th, 2019, 2:43 pm

The emotions of envy/jealousy are rational from a evolutionary perspective. irrational from a modern perspective.

In ancient times, if your life was so shitty and miserable that you were envious of the alpha male, nature instructed you to take justice into your own hands, overpowering the alpha male in the hopes you could do a better job and spread more happiness to yourself and others. Nature's failsafe against corrupt alpha males.

If the alpha male caused other males to be so unhappy they would become envious and revolt.

Not so with modern times. Alpha males can continue to make incels more and more unhappy, while incels fester with envy.

Envy is something beta males experience.

Jealousy is something alpha males experience, alpha males become paranoid of other alpha's usurping their status, it is a form of narcissism.

There is also a duality divergence, specific to modern times.

Ancient animals had a pack. The alpha, was leader of the pack.

Not so with modern times.

You can be the alpha of your pack. But then have to obey the alpha of the state. Who then obeys the alpha of the nation. Which is kept in check by other alphas. There is a double divergence. People are both beta and alpha, alpha and omega.
Post Reply