When you were younger, you used to collect things?

Uncommon

Incels.Net Master
Ah the beatiful 90s and early 2000s...those beatiful times without "political correct" agenda...
I used to collect some things in those times when i was younger...one of the things were "los monstruos del bolsillo"(know in english as the "monsters in my pocket"). They were sold in small boxes with some candies inside and included cards of the monster or small figures of them. The cards, the figures and the boxes had the smell of the candies...heres is the mexican comercial of them form the 90s:

Another things that i used to collect when i was youner in the early 2000s were the "olorocos"(know in english as "the smelly beast")...those were cards and figures with diferent smells and forms. They were in the packages of donuts and other sweet bread. Heres is the mexican comercials of them:

So when you were younger, did you used to collect something?

Player

Card-loving-wizard-wanabee-novelist from Belarus
Ah the beatiful 90s and early 2000s...those beatiful times without "political correct" agenda...
I used to collect some things in those times when i was younger...one of the things were "los monstruos del bolsillo"(know in english as the "monsters in my pocket"). They were sold in small boxes with some candies inside and included cards of the monster or small figures of them. The cards, the figures and the boxes had the smell of the candies...heres is the mexican comercial of them form the 90s:

Another things that i used to collect when i was youner in the early 2000s were the "olorocos"(know in english as "the smelly beast")...those were cards and figures with diferent smells and forms. They were in the packages of donuts and other sweet bread. Heres is the mexican comercials of them:

No, when I was young my family was even more poor. Now I collect playing cards.
IMG_20201015_082559.jpg

incellus

Incels.Net Regular
I've collected coins for many years. Unfortunately, I can't post pics here, since the pics are posted on various coin forums (and I don't want to get doxxed).

Eames Fizgerald

Incels.Net Regular
I use to use to collect nutcrackers. I've been thinking about getting into ps1 game collection. I found about 50 of my old games and I want some more. I already got the 3 crashes, ape escape, both spiderman. Still looking for metal gear solid and final fantasy 7

RamblinMan

Incels.Net Novice
I've always had a history of collecting things.

First it was video game consoles. Especially the obscure ones.
After I switched to emulation, I started collecting trading cards again, like Magic: the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Cardfight!! Vanguard.

Trouble with COVID is it's very hard to find people to play with.

Novosadjanin

32y old, mentalcel, wizard
I like this thread. I used to collect stickers back when I was young, but stopped at some point in my late teens.

First thing I collected were, believe it or not, stickers from a Venezuelan telenovela Kassandra, with Corraima Torres as protagonist. It was in mid 90's. Entire Serbia went frenzy for Latin American Telenovelas during 1995-2005. Nothing will ever match the popularity this show had here.

Then the Power Rangers came to prominence and their stickers.

Third and final obsession were trading cards and stickers from all World Cups. I cried like a baby every time as I couldn't fill entire album since those Panini stickers were too expensive for Serbian market and my parents weren't that wealthy either. What's even worse, I ripped all the albums once when I had a tantrum after a fight with my parents, also during my teen years. I stopped collecting them for latest World Cups as I came to the point of my life when parents won't (and shouldn't to be honest) pay for that kind of stuff, but since I am wagecucked for 450 EUR per month and barely survive, I didn't even bought the album for the past few WCs. Btw, World Cup sticker album is the one I want to complete at least once until I die since I am a big fan of football.

Mermatlover

Inspired By Andrew Kehoe
When I was kid I used to collect McDonalds and Burger King's toys. I had a lot! Nearly every week my mother used to take me there.

When I start high school I start to collect pictures and stuff of my crush. I had one of her exam paper, one used straw, private photos taken by school, her documents in principals office etc. I still keep photos. I can't delete them. I don't have enough courage for that for now.

wakame

Empty soul

Cards from chocolate paste pack . I also get the second rarest card at cost of broken teeth.

Kevin Logan

Incels.Net Novice
I collected pogs when I was a kid, later one when I was a teenager I started to collect comic books. Last year I started to collect toy car, but because of Covid I had to stop .

ronman12

Incels.Net Regular
What a question. I had some ѕhit happen to me recently and I've forgotten my childhood. I vaguely remember collecting stones, coins, pokemon trading cards.. but i have no solid memories anymore. Its as if I died the moment I turned 14, and now its someone else living ny life. It's all in 3rd person, those memories. Such a stark contrast , it almost seems as if that life, my childhood was an entirely different genre altogether were my life a movie. Such warmth, such hope. Happiness. Any memory after 14 is crystal clear and it is cold, dark as if I committed a crime every day waking up and living. My trial period of happy life ended at 14.