What's the point of buying AMD graphic chips?

Ricepill

Incels.Net Master
For the record, I own one.

Almost any game I want to play is NVIDIA optimized, I know someone would say "you should've gotten a higher one so you wouldn't tell the difference." will be a laughable response and shall be ignored.
Overclocking isn't a safe option since:

1. When I said NVIDIA optimized, it meant some games have useful features exclusive to NVIDIA only. Though, I can't elaborate since I don't have the games.
2. Computer hardware isn't candy in the place I'm in.

Well sure, games aren't the only things to do with graphic cards, it can be rendering stuff but I'm asking myself. But you get what I mean?

Ricepill

Incels.Net Master
Answer to my own question:

Because everyone has their own preferences. I'm such a living joke.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

MAD as a Hatter!

Almost any game I want to play is NVIDIA optimized, I know someone would say "you should've gotten a higher one so you wouldn't tell the difference." will be a laughable response and shall be ignored.

1. When I said NVIDIA optimized, it meant some games have useful features exclusive to NVIDIA only. Though, I can't elaborate since I don't have the games.

Well sure, games aren't the only things to do with graphic cards, it can be rendering stuff but I'm asking myself. But you get what I mean?
I have a 2060 nvidia in my alienware, and couldnt be happier, but thats me.. Id never go AMD..

DarkMTS_57

Doomer RacER
DarkMTS_57 said:
Lordgoro said:
I LOVE my alienware laptop.. I use it for MOST everything, worth every penny I paid...
How much did you pay for yours ?
almost 3000, which I saved up out of my neetbuxs..
How´s the keyboard ?
I really like the MSI brand.
The keyboard is premium quality.
Keyboards that have tiny arrows fuсking suck.

Lordgoro

MAD as a Hatter!
Lordgoro said:
DarkMTS_57 said:
How much did you pay for yours ?
How´s the keyboard ?
I really like the MSI brand.
The keyboard is premium quality.
Keyboards that have tiny arrows fuсking suck.

View attachment 18560
TO be VERY honest, I dont USE the keyboard... For now, my alienware is permanently hooked up to a 55 inch giant tv, and everything I do, I do across the room, from using my xboxone controller via bluetooth for most of my gaming to my wireless mouse and ONSCREEN keyboard for whenever I need to type something.. Its a nice keyboard, but I never use it... its basically my whole entertainment system hooked to my giant TV

Lordgoro

MAD as a Hatter!
Lordgoro said:
How long did it take you by saving up?
Not long since im VERY GOOD with saving cash... EVEN before I won my ssd case and the neetbux, I still kept at least 2000 from donating plasma... Kinda like being a professional MISER! Its a skill ive learned over many years, along with many others..

GeraltOfRivia

Incels.Net Master

I got amd before and now I have Nvidia. It seems like most games are tested on nvidia graphics cards, and so most games, especially the AAA ones, are made especially for Nvidia and can support those games a lot better.

Sasaki

Von
I have an Rx 5700 XT, seems to perform pretty well. Ray tracing isn't viable unless you got the top-end GPU to maintain a steady acceptable framerate (60+). My card performs better than the Nvidia counterparts from the benchmark videos I've seen...

NoHopeNoFear

Tathāgata
Ricepill said:

I have a 2060 nvidia in my alienware, and couldnt be happier, but thats me.. Id never go AMD..
I'm thinking about getting an alienware in the future, good on you.