Tried drawing my sister, failed, how do i improve my art?

JustAWittyCel

Sit down inkwell, nothing matters truly
left handedness did nothing for me, it's a scam left from my genes.idk how it worked for leonardo da vinci or any of those painters.

JustAWittyCel

JustAWittyCel said:
left handedness did nothing for me, it's a scam left from my genes.idk how it worked for leonardo da vinci or any of those painters.
At least ur not crazy like some painters and have both ears
Crazy? Nah never, Though I was on the low inhib side of socializing since the beginning.Jestermaxxing basically to attract foids for mating but failed as I aged

Letmego

Tallcel
Letmego said:
JustAWittyCel said:
Crazy? Nah never, Though I was on the low inhib side of socializing since the beginning.Jestermaxxing basically to attract foids for mating but failed as I aged
I have heard of mating dances to attract females, have u tried that?

theweb

Incels.Net Junior
hey there! a few quick tips to improve this a lil - you're doing well by the way! i think this is a really sweet gift idea.

1) try shading with saturated colors other than black and white. shadows and highlights in nature are actually colors, not just black and white values!
2) with the hair, try drawing some more individual strands. you have a lot of really awesome detail in the eyelashes, try putting that into the hair to even out the piece as a whole!
3) others have suggested it before me, but photo reference is your friend! i use photos for reference all the time at work and i've been doing this for a few years now.
4) and as always, practice! doing a few sketches on paper beforehand and will warm up your wrist so you dont feel like you're just jumping into it.

good luck, and i hope your sister likes it! im sorry she was harsh on your first go-round, its undeserved. this is a really caring gesture.

JustAWittyCel

hey there! a few quick tips to improve this a lil - you're doing well by the way! i think this is a really sweet gift idea.

1) try shading with saturated colors other than black and white. shadows and highlights in nature are actually colors, not just black and white values!
2) with the hair, try drawing some more individual strands. you have a lot of really awesome detail in the eyelashes, try putting that into the hair to even out the piece as a whole!
3) others have suggested it before me, but photo reference is your friend! i use photos for reference all the time at work and i've been doing this for a few years now.
4) and as always, practice! doing a few sketches on paper beforehand and will warm up your wrist so you dont feel like you're just jumping into it.

good luck, and i hope your sister likes it! im sorry she was harsh on your first go-round, its undeserved. this is a really caring gesture.

theweb

Incels.Net Junior
theweb said:

i had actually been lurking here for awhile, but i noticed this thread and wanted to help! :D im not big on making accounts on sites, just lurking.

OysterSauce

‏‏‎

Cool, a surprisingly good and civil post from a bluepiller for once, nice refreshing change. (Odd first post though, did you join just to say this?)

Letmego

Tallcel
JustAWittyCel said:
Letmego said:
I have heard of mating dances to attract females, have u tried that?
Thanks a lot foid or a guy idk

theweb

Incels.Net Junior
theweb said:

Cool, a surprisingly good and civil post from a bluepiller for once, nice refreshing change. (Odd first post though, did you join just to say this?)
i did indeed! im an artist and saw this as a good place to step in. i do like reading what everyone has to say here though.

Letmego

Tallcel
OysterSauce said:
theweb said:

i did indeed! im an artist and saw this as a good place to step in. i do like reading what everyone has to say here though.
Really? So what is the worst on my drawing lol

theweb

Incels.Net Junior
theweb said:
OysterSauce said:
i truly don't think anything on this is "the worst", its obvious you put effort into this and i think that gives it merit as a piece on its own. like i said, the hair is a lil simplified, but with some detail and work on the colors of the shadows/highlights i really think it'll make this pop. additionally, if you're going for photorealism, the eyes would need to be a bit smaller and head shape refined. however, that is a style i know people go for!

on the other hand, i think you did a lovely job with the eyelashes and lips!

Letmego

Tallcel
Letmego said:
theweb said:
i truly don't think anything on this is "the worst", its obvious you put effort into this and i think that gives it merit as a piece on its own. like i said, the hair is a lil simplified, but with some detail and work on the colors of the shadows/highlights i really think it'll make this pop. additionally, if you're going for photorealism, the eyes would need to be a bit smaller and head shape refined. however, that is a style i know people go for!

Feels like ur pitying my lack of talent lol but thanks nonetheless

Latus

Incels.Net Junior
theweb said:
Letmego said:

like your new pfp

Letmego

Tallcel
Letmego said:
theweb said:

like your new pfp
Here to please