Tried drawing my sister, failed, how do i improve my art?

Letmego

Tallcel
It's pretty sad i can't draw people for ѕhit i usually just draw nature and landscapes. But soon it's going to be her birthday and i wanted to make her a something like a comic, ofc i would give her some real gifts but this would be special. Problem is she said she never saw something uglier in her life and i agree, how do i improve in drawing people?

Lordgoro

Make your Choice
It's pretty sad i can't draw people for ѕhit i usually just draw nature and landscapes. But soon it's going to be her birthday and i wanted to make her a something like a comic, ofc i would give her some real gifts but this would be special. Problem is she said she never saw something uglier in her life and i agree, how do i improve in drawing people?
View attachment 17658
Better then me... I can only draw STICK figures for people... hehe

Ravio

Niga cat
Idk....like....going to a school/course to learn or just practice and read books/watch videos on yt on how to get better....
Like bruh fr wtf is that? You are just improvising, you either born with a skill or you earn it with practice and dedication.
You can't just be like
"Oh yeah today i feel like being good at drawing"

Latus

Incels.Net Junior
use multiple layers to create shadows and highlights, try to use different effects, take your time

Oogabooga

Saint Picassocel
You could just trace/photobash and then airbrush it a little to give it a “painted look”. If you actually want to draw it, you‘d be best off using a picture of her and then drawing copying it as accurately as possible, with a few stylistic choices like larger eyes or some such. Portraits are a bit easier than they look if you’re just copying, it takes a while though

Dr.Death.666

Incels.Net Master
View attachment 17658
try nude drawing

Lordgoro

Make your Choice
Lordgoro said:
Better then me... I can only draw STICK figures for people... hehe
I thought OP's drawing was quite good. Not everyone has those kinds of gifts. I even struggle to draw a circle or straight line (without going berserk at least).
I USED to have a weird drawing gift long ago, I was basically a living copy machine with a zoom feature, but havent done that in over 35 years, pretty sure its gone now.. Wrote about it in my early chapters..

Oogabooga

Saint Picassocel
If you’re going for as realistic as possible, the eyes should be much smaller, and they should be deeper set in the skull, so there should be some shadow underneath the brow ridge and just above where the cheekbone sits beneath the eyes, you could add sharper contrast between the light and dark portions to make it “pop” more, though what you have is decent

Letmego

Tallcel
Idk....like....going to a school/course to learn or just practice and read books/watch videos on yt on how to get better....
Like bruh fr wtf is that? You are just improvising, you either born with a skill or you earn it with practice and dedication.
You can't just be like
"Oh yeah today i feel like being good at drawing"
Lol already in college that has nothing to do with art. Im legit good just not digitally lol but i will practice a lot so i hope i improve