Writing The Story of a philosopher/incel/wanderer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
Of course, we were also a minority, most students were average, or well liked, or good achievers. I remember, there was one other student who was considered at the bottom. His name was Richard, he was tall, thin, and a bit odd, but had an almost preppy quality to him. Kind of a jerk, not an academic, but likable, at least to Joseph and I. So we got along to a point. He was still an outcast, but a lesser one.
Joseph and I ended up eventually combining our efforts to cause chaos in school, and accepted Richard somewhat. He wasn't exactly like us, but close enough.

Back then we were quite poor, poverty level actually, and therefore qualifying for state granted free lunches, at least as far as New York state was concerned. In fact all of us had dirt poor single parents, Joseph only had his mother, as did I. So we were as poor as church mice, maybe poorer.
So, state “free” lunches were quite pitiful back then, The minimum in nutrition, taste, and digestibility. Today, you couldn't picture a lousier lunch given to the future minds of the country, merely for being born into poor families, just bad luck I guess. Food that was barely edible, sometimes not even that. Always the bare minimum the state could get away with, and still call it “food”. Meat that had a questionable heritage, vegetables that were completely inedible,possibly mutated, desserts that might kill lesser beings, and drinks that i'm not sure qualify as drinkable.
Sometimes various juices, although often is was half pints of milk, but i'm not sure what kind of milk it was,to this day. Cow's milk, goat milk, or rats milk. It was never determined, but it was certainly some kind of milk.
Of all the lousy free state lunches we were given, I suspect our favorite was “choke sandwiches”. Nothing quite like them, even to this day. Basically they were peanut butter and jelly, on state high carb crappy bread, but with a full half an inch of dry peanut butter, but only a micron thick helping of jelly. In layman's terms, almost none, hence the term “choke sandwiches”. They were like a curse of the state, cheap, barely edible, but necessary to eat, to get through the day for poor kids like us. Our personal cross to bear.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
To get through the miseries of our schooldays, Joseph, Richard and I would have really idiotic contests. Stuff that no other students thought of, or would even consider out of stupidity. I guess it was something to abide our time in Hell. We must cope in whatever ways work for us personally, especially if we are not “normal” human beings. Since we cannot cope in the ordinary ways, such as schoolwork or social skills. We had to find other ways to deal with life, and the day to day existence as outcasts to the ordinary, and we certainly did.

One such trial was idiotic eating contests. Many poor students would not eat the choke sandwiches, and would give them away often, to whomever wanted them, They were quite unpopular, except for Joseph and myself. He and I would have competitions to see who could eat the most of them during the lunch period. Contests which he invariably won because he possessed charms which I lacked. So even though we would both get a large amount of these death defying sandwiches,due to their unpopularity, and indigestibility, his charm allowed him to get far more free milks then I could ever get! He was well-liked by other students due to his charm, I was not.

So I choked, and he ended up winning the contests usually. If you happen to be doomed to eating the state given “choke sandwiches”, milk could be the difference between life and death, or winning and losing. I was not liked, and no one donated their milk to my advantage, so pretty much all the time, Joseph would end up winning, by being able to devour far more chokes then ever I could, due to his milk advantage.

Although I did try, regardless of the amount of milk, I usually gave him a good run for his money! As mentioned before, I have always possessed an amazingly strong will ! It was a matter of how much thick peanut butter and bread could we eat without choking to death, right there in the school cafeteria without actually dying on the floor. I gave it my best, but Joseph usually won the day, due to having a bunch of free milks, as opposed to my single half pint. Life is rarely fair, and in this example, it was certainly not.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
There was a another very stupid contest we had, very lowbrow, but worth mentioning. We all had a love for junk, Joseph, Richard, and I. When I say junk, I mean just useless trinkets, of no value whatsoever, but stuff no normal student would carry around. We had a weird competition, and the gist of it was which of us could carry the most junk in our pockets! That was it in a nutshell. So, the deeper the pockets were, the better the chances of winning. So the contents were varied. Small components, magnets, screws, pieces of various metal, hair pins, nail clippers, nuts, electronic components, wires, and various other assorted pieces of junk! Whatever would fit in our pockets,anything goes! It got VERY crazy, since there were no real rules. We stuffed whatever would go in our pockets, and judged each other by the bulk of stuff we ended up with.
The contest turned out to be pretty even most of the time. I never even knew I had a competitive spirit until I met Joseph. In fact, until we started competing, I didn't feel a need to win anything ever. I guess he brought that neglected part of myself to the forefront, just by existing, and being a kindred soul,which I believe we were.
So, I had very deep pockets usually, however, Joseph made it a point to have even deeper pockets then I. Richard tried as well, but couldn't keep up in the pocket department, it was usually down to Joseph and myself. Side note: everyone called him “joey” normally, but I always called him “Joseph”, it was my nature to be proper, always. Part of what sets me apart from the common folk I imagine.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
I usually won those contests, until one day I noticed his pockets in class were especially bulky, like a squirrel hoarding nuts in his cheeks., It was epic, and he certainly was noticed for how bulky his pants were. I knew at that point he had won, regardless of my efforts to best him. He had somehow stuffed a small electric engine in his pocket, in multiple sections, and beat me for sheer bulk, no contest at all.After that,we stopped the contest, it was mostly pointless, since my pockets would never be deep enough to best him.
We had a very different contest sometimes during lunch period. Remember the mysterious half pints of milk, whose origins were ultimately unknown? Well out of sheer boredom, since we only we issued one per lunchtime, we would have chugging contests. Other students would try this as well from time to time, however, my friend and I were the undisputed champions of almost suicidal chugging speeds. It was always a close contest, and a few times I sputtered and almost choked, but our enthusiasm was undiminished, we still did it, regardless. Frankly im surprised no kids ever died in these crazy contests.
So between the questionable milk, the unpalatable lunches, the ridicule, the pariah status from our peers, the dislike from our teachers, all we had was each other, a strangely developing friendship and possibly brotherhood. Since no one gave a crap about us, we had to help each other. Or course, “help” didn't always take a positive form. It could be positive, or quite negative, but we understood each other, which was a very rare occurrence.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
I remember a different example of insanity in class. At some point during a spelling test, some kid, i'm not sure who, swore loudly while the teachers back was turned at the chalkboard. She got quite upset, and slightly sadistic I suspect, and was absolutely sure it was one of the “dark trio” as she called us. So she allowed the class to finish the spelling test, then called all three of us to the board, Richard, Joseph, and myself. She had no doubt whatsoever that it was one of us that was responsible for this unacceptable act. To this day, I don't have a clue who it was that actually uttered the forbidden word, but I know it wasn't me!
So by her logic, It was one of us, no doubt. To be honest, it probably wasn't, since I was sitting next to Joseph when it happened, and it was NOT Richards voice I heard, nevertheless, she was sure.
So therefore, it must be so! Her punishment, completely unfair, was using the actual test to determine how we would pay for our discretion, all of us. It was a spelling test, after all, and surely useful in her mind. Basically it worked out to this, she had a nasty bar of purple hand soap, she brought it from home, wonderful for cleaning hands, but for tasting, far less so. She would correct our tests, in front of the classroom, and for every word we spelled incorrectly, we would get a bite of soap, regardless of guilt.
So our punishment was not truly based on guilt, nor evidence at all, but upon spelling proficiency, nothing else. Not exactly justice, in fact, the scales of justice completely failed that day, and fell off of the proverbial table they were balanced on. There was no justice that day, and the innocent suffered.

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
So a farce of justice ,as I believe none of us were guilty that day, and yet, paid a price anyway. In these modern times, it would be worthy of a lawsuit, but in that time, no consequences were given to this travesty. For the record, Richard, being the preppie type he was, had zero misspelled words on his test, and got off completely Scot-free, of course. Such is the humor of the Universe, it laughs at our struggles, and rewards the worst of us, and punishes many others who don't deserve punishment. I learned this from a very early age. Justice doesn't exist in the Universe, it is a falsely created concept of mankind, like many things we have come up with, all false, and without truth in reality.

Joseph had two words incorrect, so he ended up taking two bites of the horrendous handsoap, and i've never seen a more strenuous adamant rejection of a punishment then Joseph’s reaction to this. He knew he was not guilty, as did I, and was not a happy camper. After a fairly long protest, and indignant protest, under orders, he took two bites. His expression was worthy of ancient tales, his face resembled a human prune. We were instructed not to swallow, but to hold it in our mouths until instructed relief via a restroom trip to spit up the unpleasantries. My turn was last.

To my eternal misery I got three words incorrect. Therefore I was due three bites of Hell, regardless of my protests. I took three bites, unhappily, and stood there, as a sacrifice to the power of reputation, and classroom vengeance, like a lamb to the slaughter, I had little choice.
Richard, lucky bastard he was, sat down and smirked at us. Joseph and I stood there, like statues with a bowel issue, waiting for our release from the Gods to the restroom, and salvation. The teacher made us both stand there, in torment, and for her own personal pleasure, until she finally tired of our chastisement, and the game got old I guess.
Of course, things being what they are, there only existed one restroom pass, which was granted to Joseph first, so my suffering continued another 10 full minutes, still standing in the front of the whole classroom, waiting upon his return. My suffering was spiritual, mental as well as physical. I learned a hard lesson that day, which has lasted my for all my long years.
The Universe is NOT merciful, and so I shall not be merciful in return. Equal payment for equal value, no quarter was ever given to me, and so none will ever be expected.

A lesson ive learned well, and taken to heart.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
So eventually, Joseph came back, bearing the restroom pass, my salvation. Of course, every godforsaken member of the classroom snickered, pointed, gawked at and quietly laughed at my undignified undeserved punishment, which scarred me for three lifetimes. I snatched the pass out of his hand, and high-tailed it to blessed relief. Both from the taste in my mouth, as well as their ridicule. They were equally damaging, and memorable. The taste of the purple soap was horrible,doubtless, but their stares and mockery were enough to instill insanity, which it did.
I make no excuses, not really, but all this contributed to who I am now. I merely react to the Universe, and play the hand I was given, to whatever end may come.
Good, or Evil, Heaven or Hell, only the Universe can judge me.
To say I developed a hatred for other “normal” students would be a complete understatement. To say I despised them, and wished them all harm would not even touch the true feelings I had in my early years. I was not a fan of authorities of course, but fellow young folks(except my friend Joseph) got the bulk of my ire. Hate was too mild, after my experiences. The rage of the depths themselves burned within me, from a young age. Rage that knew no mercy, quarter, or empathy, not after what id been through.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
Sometimes our punishments were actually earned, and more appropriate. One such incident, in the next year of class I believe, the school was buffalo public school 77, on the west side of Buffalo, a different time, and almost a different world. In that next grade, Joseph, Richard and myself were still comrades in arms, and still the dregs of the class. I was out on a restroom pass, and met Joseph in an abandoned hallway strictly by chance, he was out for another reason, I have no idea why. We decided to take mischief to another level, since we were both free for a short time, and available to wreak havoc. Bad karma I know, but it seemed like a wonderful idea at the time.

We walked into the cafeteria area, which was bereft of employees, got into what I call the :”condiment closet”, a side small room filled with packets of various condiments, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, hot sauce, soy sauce, any anything else that fits in a small plastic sealed squeezable packet. We raided the closet for all we could, and lined the entire cafeteria floor with packets, every side, every aisle and corner. Then, starting from opposite sides of the large room, we ran at top speed, purposely squishing every packet across the room.

Resulting in a borderline artistic but messy work, all colors, spread over walls, floors,radiators, table sides, anywhere they exploded. Like a poor man’s fireworks, it was spectacular, and a wonder to behold(but not a wonder to clean I imagine).
So after we finished, and every packet’s potential was released, we congratulated each other on a job well-done, of course. If you are going to do a job, any job, make sure it's done perfectly, and we did for sure. I went straight back to class, and Joseph did a bit later. So innocent looking, yet so guilty, both of us.
However, there was a price to be paid, at least for one of us, unbeknownst to me. About 30 mins after we both returned, our teacher got word of the disaster in the cafeteria, and the time-frame that it happened in. She brought us both in her smaller side office, strictly on the timing of our absence from the classroom, and questioned us both on our activities.

We both played the innocent, I was merely using the restroom, with bowel issues, so I was gone awhile, such was my answer, and Joseph was looking for the nurse, due to a medical excuse as it turned out. Our stories seemed legitimate, however, the teacher looked straight at me, and asked me yet again if I was the culprit. I vehemently denied it, of course, but she pointed at my sneakers, and asked why I had mayonnaise on the side of my shoe! Drat!
Caught by the soles of my shoes, so to speak. As it turned out, Joseph was spared because before he returned to class, he has stopped at the restroom and cleaned off his sneakers, I had not, and therefore was solely responsible for our mischief.

He later rubbed that fact in, and never let me forget it. In some areas, he was far more devious than me, in others, I had the upper hand, it was always so. From our first associations, we were like two sides of the same coin, similar, but eternally different.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
I paid the price for the crime we were both guilty of with detention, and writing perpetually of my misdeeds. Five-hundred sentences worth of abject contrition, until my left hand cramped in pain, yet forced to continue until the end. Of course, Joseph paid nothing, and got to enjoy watching the tragically horrible yet funny comedy of my punishment, and enjoy the satisfaction of a bad deed successfully done!
I have no doubt he enjoyed it,as I would have in his place. So, it went back and forth, our misdeeds, sometimes successful, sometimes not. We were the outcasts of the system, and were determined to earn our labels, such as they were.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
Chapter 9: Back in time, 1977, a Blizzard to end all others

I'd like to go back in time much earlier now, to an important event for Buffalo history, and for me personally, although my memories are vague,but it all happened back then. It's been long part of Buffalo history, as well as my own.
In the wintertime, January 1977, we had a unique blizzard, something so powerful it's never been seen in Buffalo history, and nothing close to it since. The region has always been known for snow, cold, and ice storms as well. As far back as Buffalo existed, we’ve always had serious winters. To live there, was to be part of it,embrace it, live it. There was snow at varying heights usually, sometimes covering the windows to the roof, it was a way of life there.

No way around it. Too high for plows often,and front doors unable to open due to drifts. Cars get buried so they are but higher lumps of white on an endless white sea. Of course, you couldn't see the streets themselves either. In fact, in those circumstances, the only way you would know you are actually on a street in the first place is to notice those aforementioned lumps! However, five to six months a year, it was just business as usual. Snow at varying heights was a fact of life next to Lake Erie A homeowners best friend, as well as a most dreaded tool, was the snow shovel. Necessary, but hated.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
Of course, snow in any height above a foot is a chore, no doubt, but ice can be far more treacherous, and dangerous. I come from the perspective of a lifetime walker. You don't walk through snow, you struggle, fight, and trudge through it. There's no easy path, depending upon the height, drifts, and layout of the snow. Enough of it can inconvenience you, but ice, that can kill you. Far more vehicle accidents are caused by ice rather than snow. Folks have cracked their skulls by walking and slipping on ice. Deaths are rare, but they have happened from time to time.
That January, there was already a lot of snow covering Buffalo, long before the blizzard happened. In December, the lake was already solid ice, and snow was piled high on the solid lake surface, and all over the entire city for well over a month before the blizzard. That was an abnormally cold winter, not just in western New York, but in many places across America. It actually snowed in miami that winter, I can only imagine the panic there.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
Locally, the month of December was very cold, average temps around 11F, and it snowed aplenty. However, a child's perspective is much simpler, cold is cold,regardless of the temperature number. It was actually so cold that when I ventured outside I would shed tears, and those tears would immediately freeze on my face.Quite chilly i’d say.
Back then I enjoyed the snow, as a boy would, but not the extreme cold. I had no desire to become a boysicle, frozen in place. A distant kin to my favorite dessert. Seemed like an unpleasant way to end up for a seven year old youngster. At that tender age, I had no friends, just my mother, and my incessant reading, those were my only companions, i’m sorry to say. I hated the early grades in public schools, from kindergarten on up. I never fitted in with other kids, even way back then, I was a pariah, just for being myself, too smart, too shy, and too different, with way too many questions about the meaning of it all. Other young kids would avoid me, or laugh, and teachers would get flustered, I didn't fit the standard mold.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
When at home I would often wander outside, well insulated of course, to play alone in the whiteness. I made snowmen, snow angels, forts for just one, and played in drifts as high as some buildings. Sometimes plows would pile up snow in such massive piles in parking lots that I could never hope to climb them.

In my mind, they seemed like giant frozen waves, or white pristine structures, just waiting for my creative side to make them useful and fun.
That was the essence of my time outside in winter. At that age, I was still getting used to things, the seasons, the changes,my very existence,and learning about time itself. Summers seemed to stretch for eternity, and winters as well, school or no. Time seems different when you are younger, it bends, plays around, twists,and lengthens,until you get more years under your belt. Once you are old enough, there's never enough years, and they goes by far too quickly.

In 1977 in Buffalo, the winter seemed like forever, since everything was frozen far in advance. Snow was already record high, and conditions were perfect for a disaster of epic proportions in western New York. In December there was already 60m inches of snow, and none of it was melting. It stubbornly stayed everywhere, due to the temperatures. Average temps in January were 10f, not much better, in fact, it was worse. It snowed pretty much everyday that month, almost nonstop. There was an official snow depth of 60 inches, but to a kid, it was all the same. It was white, very cold, and higher than my head, that is all that really mattered to me.
Schools closed in Buffalo sometimes, however, since extreme snow and cold was a normal part of life there, they didn't close as often as one would think. That friday, the very first day of the blizzard, they should never have opened in the first place, but they did sadly. To the detriment of young lives, and the forever shame of the city of Buffalo.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
Many young kids were bused into school that morning, including myself. They had warnings, but they went unheeded. Luckily I lived a mere 10 blocks or so from public school 77, although I still took the bus, as did many other unfortunate youngsters living on the west side of Buffalo that year.
We arrived that morning, went to our various classes, but within an hour or so, we were all gathered in the school auditorium. Turns out during that short time, things had taken an extreme turn for the worse.
Winds had risen to a very high speed, piled show was blowing straight off of Lake Erie into the city, adding substantially to the snowfall already coming from the heavens. It was destined not just as a white blanket, but a final shroud for many lives.
The powers that be made then the worst decision in the history of Buffalo. Visibility was down to almost zero, snow on the streets was again piled high, and they had no confidence in the yellow buses getting through the routes unscathed. However, the longer the schools were open, the higher the snow, and the less visible it was bound to get, so the order came down from on high. Those elite beings with the authority to make such life changing decrees. The schools would close, and since the buses couldn't possibly make the return trip, the students would be sent home on FOOT! Lord help us.

Last edited:

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
Among bad decisions in the history of public schools, this may have been the worst possible decision that anyone could have ever made, and was destined to end in tears. So from my perspective, I didn't know much, the what and why eluded my young mind, but I do know I was ordered to walk home, in snow and winds that were so out of control I couldn't see across the white street.
It was that thick and heavy, and for a 7 year old small boy, Death awaited, patiently, and coldly, beckoning always. So along with a small legion of children, I was cast out to make my own way home. Some kids were fortunate, their parents braved the blizzard, and risked life and limb to retrieve their beloved, in cars that slowly worked their way down blinding white streets. I was NOT one of those fortunates, I had to do it myself, on foot, like much of my life, I had to make my own path, though Death wanted me for his own.

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
So I was bundled, layered, then ousted into the blizzard, to trudge slowly home, through a deadly cold temperature, and blindingly white desert, just waiting for me to stop forever, and become a frozen monument to nature's harshness. I refused to give in, after all, it was only around 10 blocks, but some young children did stop sadly, and died on various streets of Buffalo, but never forgotten. I was almost one of them, in fact I came a bit too close that day. I walked, and struggled my way through it. My legs were frozen, and numb, as well as my hands, and my face, which I could feel at all. The world was a white swirl, and getting thicker as I walked. I navigated using landmarks I knew well, and somehow didn't get lost.
The cold was insidious, and relentless, but so was I! Even at that age, I had a will to continue, though Death himself was after me, as it claimed others that day. I made it a long way by myself, no doubt, and I finally got to the corner of my block, on Utica street.
There was a club on the corner called the Utica club, which was like the entire city, closed that day, but I took shelter in their doorway, exhausted beyond measure, frozen, numb, and done for. I’d had enough.
After 10 blocks fighting a force of nature that killed many grownups, and a number of children, I was done for. I couldn't feel my body at all, and tears were frozen over my face, it was just about the end, I would end up a boysicle after all it seemed.

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
I was on my very corner, but the cold had sapped all my strength, like a wintry vampire, latched onto my life force, intent on taking the rest of me. I remember shivering in the doorway of Club Utica, getting sleepy, and unable to move. Kind of a soporific feeling, ready to drift away slowly, and let it all go.
It was kind of a soporific feeling, I was ready to drift away slowly, and let it all go. Throughout my whole chilly journey, I’d not seen a living soul, besides the other kids going their separate ways when the school sent us into the blizzard. After the first block, I was the only one the rest of the way. I remember finding the doorway, resting, and giving up the ghost. My journey was at an end, I had no more fight within me by that point. My mother was many things throughout my life, demon, monster, curse, immoral evil selfish being out only for herself, but on that day, she did something worthy of song and eternal memory, she saved my life. It was her one act of selflessness and goodness I can recall. She came to look for her only son, and found him,amazingly enough.

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
After talking to her sisters, my aunts over the years I've learned that my mother was not known for her good deeds, just the opposite, she was always petty, selfish, and sometimes downright evil, right from the beginning. However, on that day, she did something good. The school called her,as it did all the parents that day, and informed her that I was walking back, trying to make it home alive, no credit to the school system.
So there I was, on the very corner of my block, about to give it up, and surrender calmly to the cold hands of Death itself, ready for me of course, as He is for all of us. Our final companion, patient, and inevitable, but I heard my name being called on the wind, “Johnny”, over and over, and I saw her making her way slowing through the snow, to stop and look in my cold doorway. She reached down, covered head to toe, but I knew who she was, and why she was there, just for me. I was helped to my feet, and Death himself was denied that day, even though I heard the howling of the wind, without its prize. We slowly struggled our way back home,cold but living. She opened the door to my home, and I felt the warmth immediately envelop me, hugging me, and granting life itself. It was like the Sun on my face, inviting, and friendly, and maybe eternal.

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
After talking to her sisters, my aunts over the years I've learned that my mother was not known for her good deeds, just the opposite, she was always petty, selfish, and sometimes downright evil, right from the beginning. However, on that day, she did something good. The school called her,as it did all the parents that day, and informed her that I was walking back, trying to make it home alive, no credit to the school system.
So there I was,on the very corner of my block, about to give it up, and surrender calmly to the cold hands of Death itself, ready for me of course, as He is for all of us. Our final companion, patient, and inevitable, but I heard my name being called on the wind, “Johnny”, over and over, and I saw her making her way slowing through the snow, to stop and look in my cold doorway. She reached down, covered head to toe, but I knew who she was, and why she was there, just for me. I was helped to my feet, and Death himself was denied that day, even though I heard the howling of the wind, without its prize. We slowly struggled our way back home,cold but living. She opened the door to my home, and I felt the warmth immediately envelop me, hugging me, and granting life itself. It was like the Sun on my face, inviting, and friendly, and maybe eternal.

Lordgoro

I Think, therefore I AM
    178/300
Later on, there was Hell itself to pay. Some very bad calls were made, and kids died in the snow, inevitable I suppose. I count my blessings often that I wasn't among the dead of that infamous blizzard.
The school board was sued, and lost, since there was no real excuse for sending young helpless kids out to walk home in one of the worst storms America has ever seen, then, and now. All told, 23 souls were greeted by Death, some adults, frozen in their cars, and some children on their way to homes they would never reach.
Unpardonable, and unforgivable, and a black spot on the reputation of Buffalo, NY. Some deaths were unavoidable certainly, but those children, who were sent to walk home in such conditions, were not. I made it, and that was my mother's one good deed throughout her life that I know she accomplished. She only walked a single block in the snow, and I walked 9, but regardless, it's the principle that will count in the end. She risked herself once, selfless, for me, and I will always remember that, no matter what monstrous acts came later in life. I live today, because of her one act of goodness, so I relate this story, to offset her other deeds. I have no idea where she resides now, Heaven or Hell, Purgatory or somewhere else, but I still eternally thank her for what she did that winter in Buffalo, in 1977.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.