The mirror

Malakai

Incels.Net Novice
Honestly, I hate how I look in the mirror. I've had numerous people say I look like Jason Mamoa. Maybe if I get really drunk and squint my eyes I could look like a horrible cosplay attempt at him.
That isn't the type of mirror I am talking about though. I mean a figurative mirror. Not looking at yourself, but rather inward to yourself.
What all have you did to improve the inner you? I know looks can only be changed so much, but what about personality, ways you see the world. Even just ways you approach situations? Is that unchangeable in us? I try to be a better person every day, but is it really working?

love

Femoid
Malakai said:
Honestly, I hate how I look in the mirror. I've had numerous people say I look like Jason Mamoa. Maybe if I get really drunk and squint my eyes I could look like a horrible cosplay attempt at him.
That isn't the type of mirror I am talking about though. I mean a figurative mirror. Not looking at yourself, but rather inward to yourself.
What all have you did to improve the inner you? I know looks can only be changed so much, but what about personality, ways you see the world. Even just ways you approach situations? Is that unchangeable in us? I try to be a better person every day, but is it really working?
Personality can most deff be changed. So can the ways you approach situations. Its your choice if your going to have a positive or negative outlook.

What are 5 positive things that you like about yourself? What are good qualities in you? What are the things that your grateful for? And a new thing you learnt this week.

WelcomeToMyDNA

I am who I am and I can be no other
I'm ugly and everyone knows I don't look like anyone who is attractive. That's why people like to avoid talking about looks when they're around me, because they know I'm ugly. Also, when people around me are "roasting" each other on their looks, they don't even bother roasting me because unlike them, I truly am hideous and they know they'd hurt me badly if they joked about my looks

love

Femoid
WelcomeToMyDNA said:
I'm ugly and everyone knows I don't look like anyone who is attractive. That's why people like to avoid talking about looks when they're around me, because they know I'm ugly. Also, when people around me are "roasting" each other on their looks, they don't even bother roasting me because unlike them, I truly am hideous and they know they'd hurt me badly if they joked about my looks
Your not ugly!

ortharzeal

EteRnal Evil.
Malakai said:
Mogs me.
Arbeit macht frei.
It is working: you will be too exhausted to fell sad about your inceldom.

lordoftheincels

Incels.Net Master
love said:
Personality can most deff be changed. So can the ways you approach situations. Its your choice if your going to have a positive or negative outlook.

What are 5 positive things that you like about yourself? What are good qualities in you? What are the things that your grateful for? And a new thing you learnt this week.
Just be positive even if you feel ugly and unloved your whole life.

These girls had tough lives of rejection and poverty. Every time they looked in their rusted, shattered mirror they saw uglyness and misery. But they man'd up, toughed it out and found joy in life once again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EtdH8RlYxc

love

Femoid
lordoftheincels said:
love said:

These girls had tough lives of rejection and poverty. Every time they looked in their rusted, shattered mirror they saw uglyness and misery. But they man'd up, toughed it out and found joy in life once again.
When you look in the mirror force yourself to say at least 3 positive things about yourself and something your grateful for. Use sticky post it notes write affirmations or motivational quotes on them and stick them around your bathroom mirror to remind yourself your hot every morning.

Malakai

Incels.Net Novice
love said:
lordoftheincels said:
love said:

When you look in the mirror force yourself to say at least 3 positive things about yourself and something your grateful for. Use sticky post it notes write affirmations or motivational quotes on them and stick them around your bathroom mirror to remind yourself your hot every morning.
I don't register positive feedback. Be it looks or talents. It always feels condescending, like they dont really believe the things they say but only say it not to hurt my feelings.

love

Femoid
Malakai said:
love said:
lordoftheincels said:

I don't register positive feedback. Be it looks or talents. It always feels condescending, like they dont really believe the things they say but only say it not to hurt my feelings.
Why do you think it feels condescending?
If you write the affirmations it’s what you say not others. You can start small with writing “today was a good day” “

Malakai

Incels.Net Novice
love said:
Malakai said:
love said:
If you write the affirmations it’s what you say not others. You can start small with writing “today was a good day” “
As previously stated, it simply feels as if they don't want to hurt my feelings. Like when a little kid does something really trivial, like spin in a circle, and you feign excitement like "wow that's awesome" for his actions in order to make the kid happy. If that makes sense

love

Femoid
Malakai said:
love said:
Malakai said:
As previously stated, it simply feels as if they don't want to hurt my feelings. Like when a little kid does something really trivial, like spin in a circle, and you feign excitement like "wow that's awesome" for his actions in order to make the kid happy. If that makes sense
That would feel condescending. It seems like you don’t like validation and positive reinforcement because you don’t really believe it to be true making it feel condescending. Maybe just having someone to talk to or listen to you might be a better fit.

Malakai

Incels.Net Novice
love said:
Malakai said:
love said:
That would feel condescending. It seems like you don’t like validation and positive reinforcement because you don’t really believe it to be true making it feel condescending. Maybe just having someone to talk to or listen to you might be a better fit.
Exactly. I don't believe it to be true

love

Femoid
lordoftheincels said:
love said:
lordoftheincels said:
It does, even in 2019 when people say it doesn't.
You can only be as good as you let/allow yourself to be.
I can only be as beautiful as my genes dictate to me at birth, a birth where I can't remember ever consenting to. Welcome To My DNA.
I have no idea what you look like so I cant comment.