The fact that we have men and women on these sites, and none of them seem to get together IRL, shows what a low-trust society we live in

Leucosticte

Lounge member
Even the possibility of sex, or a relationship, is not enough to entice people to want to get together. With worries about doxxing and whatnot, people are cagier and cagier about, e.g., revealing personal info, so it becomes harder to know what you're dealing with, and we end up with, essentially, standoffs where it's like one of these drug deals where both parties are afraid it's a robbery and so neither of them wants to be the first to show the money or the drugs.

I would say, "I think we're going to reach a point where the only people who are able to mate anymore are church people," but I'm not even sure that's true, because the church is becoming so cucked and encouraging girls to go to college instead of getting married young. And the workplace isn't a place to meet people either because of #MeToo.

I hear chicks saying on this site that they want a trustworthy guy, and I hear dudes saying they want a decent chick, but both sides seem wary of the other. And for all we know, in a lot of cases it's for good reason, but I'm sure there are a few people around here who would have the potential to be relatively harmless.

Thing is, it didn't used to be this way; but you can see the shift that's happening even in the apps that are being used. Facebook was possibly the shittiest and most damaging-to-our-culture app that's ever been invented, but at least you had the advantage that you were mostly talking to people you knew IRL, or might get to know IRL. IRL connections were at least a major part of it.

Now people are mostly on Discord, talking to people they don't know IRL. So it's a major shift. Then of course there's Snapchat, which is designed specifically for a low-trust society where doxxing is a major concern.

Anyway, I actually did get to know a chick on Facebook five years ago, and she threw her stuff in a car and drove 1,651 miles to be with me, but I dunno that that would happen in today's world.

Last edited:

Ratbat

Lounge member
I thinj the distance thing is a problem like u get so open and honest with peole then u find out there from across the pond and u cant meet them because they live so far away

Leucosticte

Lounge member
I thinj the distance thing is a problem like u get so open and honest with peole then u find out there from across the pond and u cant meet them because they live so far away
I don't think it's really that huge a deal, though. The pond can be crossed, if you have the motivation to make it happen. There have been a lot of relationships that had a period of being long-distance relationships, and then the two people got together.

Even five years ago, people would say, "What you're talking about doing sounds like a pretty radical step" if you were just going to travel around the world or across the country to meet some chick, but there was also a coolness factor. You could, at least, tell people all the stuff you knew about the person, and show them pics, etc. so that they didn't seem like a total unknown. That might not be so easy these days, when people are more guarded. If you don't have proof of stuff, the assumption is pretty much that the person on the other side is a larper, scammer, manipulator, etc.

And who knows, maybe a lot of times they are.

Last edited:

Ratbat

Lounge member
True i guess most people would be more enclined to meet a woman than a man long distance but i mean i cant even leave the house so there must be some peple like that here so this is like safe haven for me.

Raider

Lounge member
There's no benefit to trusting someone. What good could possibly come from it ? I'm sexually disabled, mentally disabled, unemployed and broke with no future. Therefor i have nothing to offer women, and women have nothing to offer me. In my view the standoff is the only purpose in talking with them to begin with. I actually enjoy the back and forth insults and debates, it's the only purpose in allowing women here as far as i'm concerned.

Leucosticte

Lounge member
True i guess most people would be more enclined to meet a woman than a man long distance but i mean i cant even leave the house so there must be some peple like that here so this is like safe haven for me.
If you're going to travel to see a chick, she still has to take the risk of making herself available to meet with you. Who trusts anyone these days?

Ratbat

Lounge member
True i forgot u said about trust that is the main factor in meeeting irl

Ratbat

Lounge member
There's no benefit to trusting someone. What good could possibly come from it ? I'm sexually disabled, mentally disabled, unemployed and broke with no future. Therefor i have nothing to offer women, and women have nothing to offer me. In my view the standoff is the only purpose in talking with them to begin with. I actually enjoy the back and forth insults and debates, it's the only purpose in allowing women here as far as i'm concerned.
Im sad and somewhat happy u feel like this to beacause i cant trust anyone anymore so i finally have people i can relate to

Ratbat

Lounge member
It
I don't think it's really that huge a deal, though. The pond can be crossed, if you have the motivation to make it happen. There have been a lot of relationships that had a period of being long-distance relationships, and then the two people got together.

Even five years ago, people would say, "What you're talking about doing sounds like a pretty radical step" if you were just going to travel around the world or across the country to meet some chick, but there was also a coolness factor. You could, at least, tell people all the stuff you knew about the person, and show them pics, etc. so that they didn't seem like a total unknown. That might not be so easy these days, when people are more guarded. If you don't have proof of stuff, the assumption is pretty much that the person on the other side is a larper, scammer, manipulator, etc.

it

Have u tried to meet someone u were talking to online because i met someone in my own country and she catfished me so im wary about it now but yeah it is very exhilirating not knowing who they really are but a also a reall pain when they dont say there majorly disabled after months of talkin on im

Leucosticte

Lounge member
Have u tried to meet someone u were talking to online because i met someone in my own country and she catfished me so im wary about it now but yeah it is very exhilirating not knowing who they really are but a also a reall pain when they dont say there majorly disabled after months of talkin on im
Some chicks are more honest than others in certain ways, but they're always going to try to deceive you about something or another, whether it's their characteristics or intentions or whatnot. What kind of disability did she have?

Leucosticte

Lounge member
I was thinking, what other developments led toward this? What about how people were getting married later and later, or not getting married at all? To me, that could've been another indication of lack of trust; people didn't want to make that commitment.

Lordgoro

Lounge member
Personally, theres ONLY one being that I trust, thats MYSELF! I wouldnt trust the damned POPE to be honest in this day and age... Thats why I dont have friends, I have "associates"...

Blobed

Lounge member
During a long time in my life people were always trying to take advantage of me, because of this I have trouble trusting people.
I can't even trust myself because I have bad memmory

Leucosticte

Lounge member
Maybe part of the reason the manosphere went away is that men were finally starting to actually go the MGTOW route. People said all along, "You should stop complaining about women and just truly go your own way." Finally men actually did that.