Reee: Frustrated

Jen

Femoid
Jen said:
sheidgeda said:
I hate it so much when someone says this. You should've better kept quiet.
Why? Nothing I said was distasteful. I was just being honest. I know that most people don't agree with my stance on drugs.
"Agreeing to disagree is not a compromise, a compromise includes getting something done, giving something up in order to find common ground, but no common ground has been found when agreeing to disagree. The phrase has become a cop out, a way to avoid confronting something uncomfortable"

I never said I was compromising. I could tell that neither of us were going to compromise so I dropped it to avoid unnecessary strife.

Jen

Femoid
Jen said:
sheidgeda said:
Yes, they should. They look like ѕhit, they don't take care of their hygiene, they can't function normally. We are talking about hardcore addicts here, they can't be trusted.
I can't and will never be able to function normally, and most addicts don't look or smell any different than the average person.
Im not sure you really understand drug addiction...

Having a couple of 'wild' young friends is not a clear representation of long, drawn out, life ruining addiction.
I'm talking about adult relatives in their 30s who have been addicted since their teens, one even dying via heroin overdose. They looked and acted remarkably well.

sheidgeda

Femoid
sheidgeda said:
Jen said:
I don't think they should be barred from jobs if they qualify and don't steal from their job
Yes, they should. They look like ѕhit, they don't take care of their hygiene, they can't function normally. We are talking about hardcore addicts here, they can't be trusted.
I can't and will never be able to function normally, and most addicts don't look or smell any different than the average person.
So you shouldn't be trusted with a job where other people depend on you. It's that simple.
And yes, they do look different. Sometimes they can hide their addiction but after some time has passed drugs affect their body. It's like fast food, if you eat too much you will become obese.

Jen

Femoid
Jen said:
sheidgeda said:
So you shouldn't be trusted with a job where other people depend on you. It's that simple.
And yes, they do look different. Sometimes they can hide their addiction but after some time has passed drugs affect their body. It's like fast food, if you eat too much you will become obese.
I can't act normally because I'm autistic. I can do my job perfectly well and am qualified to do it.

sheidgeda

Femoid
Stargazer said:
Jen said:

Having a couple of 'wild' young friends is not a clear representation of long, drawn out, life ruining addiction.
I'm talking about adult relatives in their 30s who have been addicted since their teens, one even dying via heroin overdose. They looked and acted remarkably well.
No one probably wants to see this but here it is:

sheidgeda

Femoid
sheidgeda said:
Jen said:
I can't act normally because I'm autistic. I can do my job perfectly well and am qualified to do it.
Alright. That is not the same thing. You said you can't function normally and then you said " I can do my job perfectly well ", when it comes to addicts I meant that they CAN'T do their job perfectly well because they can't function well in any aspect.

Jen

Femoid
Jen said:
Stargazer said:

View attachment 692
I understand. Makeup exists and most can use it shockingly well.

Stargazer

Femoid
Stargazer said:
Jen said:

Very small group to form such a strong opinion on. I've seen real addiction and trust me its not pretty or constructive for society. Should've seen me try and get my aunt ready for a funeral. Just a couple of hours without her 'fix' and she was a totally different person. Violent shakes, profuse sweating, repetetive throwing up. I thought she was dying and it was very scary.

Day after the funeral and after her 'fix' she was right as rain and perky.

Its not the drugs that cause them to act like that, its withdrawal from when they try to go without. I think you should research withdrawal.

Sicklecel

Lounge member
Jen said:
Stargazer said:

View attachment 692
Those look like crack and meth heads. I don't think cocaine alone does that.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Femoid
Jen said:
sheidgeda said:
Alright. That is not the same thing. You said you can't function normally and then you said " I can do my job perfectly well ", when it comes to addicts I meant that they CAN'T do their job perfectly well because they can't function well in any aspect.
Fair enough. Sorry for any confusion that I caused.

Jen

Femoid
Jen said:
Stargazer said:

Very small group to form such a strong opinion on. I've seen real addiction and trust me its not pretty or constructive for society. Should've seen me try and get my aunt ready for a funeral. Just a couple of hours without her 'fix' and she was a totally different person. Violent shakes, profuse sweating, repetetive throwing up. I thought she was dying and it was very scary.

Day after the funeral and after her 'fix' she was right as rain and perky.

Its not the drugs that cause them to act like that, its withdrawal from when they try to go without. I think you should research withdrawal.
I know and understand. The first time I ever witnessed withdrawal was at a family gathering on the Mormon side of my family. My mom was the only person there with any qualifications to help him, and I agree, it was scary. However, that doesn't mean that I think it should be illegal.

sheidgeda

Femoid
sheidgeda said:
Jen said:
View attachment 692
You're right. Cocaine does other things, it damages your nose pretty heavily (search 'cocaine nose' it's quite disgusting).

Jen

Femoid
A
sheidgeda said:
Jen said:
View attachment 692
And alcohol and cigarettes definitely don't do that.

Jen

Femoid
Sicklecel said:
sheidgeda said:
View attachment 692
You're right. Cocaine does other things, it damages your nose pretty heavily (search 'cocaine nose' it's quite disgusting).
Depends on how you do it. Snorting, yes, absolutely. But dissolving it in water and drinking that won't impact you the same way physically.

sheidgeda

Femoid
A
Sicklecel said:
sheidgeda said:
View attachment 692
Cigarettes make you smell terrible and after years of usage they cause big wrinkles around your mouth and your face looks "sucked in", if you know what I mean. It is also linked to various cancers, from mouth to lungs...
Alcohol addicts also stink and their liver is heavily damaged.
All of those things also damage your teeth or at least make them yellow.

Jen

Femoid
Jen said:
A
Sicklecel said:
Cigarettes make you smell terrible and after years of usage they cause big wrinkles around your mouth and your face looks "sucked in", if you know what I mean. It is also linked to various cancers, from mouth to lungs...
Alcohol addicts also stink and their liver is heavily damaged.
All of those things also damage your teeth or at least make them yellow.
Understood. All I'm saying is that not all physical effects are as extreme or pronounced as those ones, in fact the ones you showed are more extreme reactions than most.

sheidgeda

Femoid
sheidgeda said:
Sicklecel said:
Depends on how you do it. Snorting, yes, absolutely. But dissolving it in water and drinking that won't impact you the same way physically.
No one drinks cocaine. It doesn't make you high enough compared to snorting.
And I'm sure drinking it would also leave some effects. Since it doesn't get you high that quickly you might drink too much and there is a higher chance of overdosing. It will also damage your teeth.

Jen

Femoid
Jen said:
sheidgeda said:
No one drinks cocaine. It doesn't make you high enough compared to snorting.
And I'm sure drinking it would also leave some effects. Since it doesn't get you high that quickly you might drink too much and there is a higher chance of overdosing. It will also damage your teeth.
People do drink it, it's just that it's less common and the effects take longer to kick in.