On copes

ortharzeal

EteRnal Evil.
It's common for incels to distract themselves from depression with their hobbies, which fall into the category of copes. I will use the words "cope" and "hobby" as interchangeables in this post.

Copes are highly individualized. Some guys lift weights, other read science fiction novels, many incels watch anime. The mechanism of coping is based on the fact that there are hormones, which are responsible for "feeling good" in terms of emotions, the best known ones of which are dopamine and oxytocin. A detailed inquiry in their nature is not exactly related to the topic of this post.

I came to realization of a logically obvious fact that the fundamentally similar coping and romantic life are also alike in the way advice on them is commonly offered.

From my observations, whenever a man complains on dissatisfaction with his life or, for example, lack of purpose, he is advised to find a hobby or a GF.( If he has, he'll be likely prompted to look out for new experience or abandon his current relationship.)

Advisers on hobbies claim that there's the ultimate cope, which will keep you engrossed forever and it only takes to find one. What's noticeable is how bluepilled women advertizers persistently argue that there's a woman out there for everyone, who's meant to be with this man. It's clear that having an actual hobby is about effort and devotion and they used to claim it's the same with women.

From the transparency of this analogy it can be inferred that both types of advise are about looking for something, which will make the man feel better, regardless of the thing's nature, independently from what it is in itself. Interestingly, this resembles the definition of objectification, which is degrading someone to the status of an object without regard to their personality. While it's understandable with copes, insofar as they indeed are about using objects, material or not, to feel better, with women it's something that modern bluepilled SJWs claim to fight against. Both women and ignorant men give such kind of romantic advice without even thinking that doing so is implicit and glorified female objectification, as opposed to the explicit and straighforward objectification incels are be blamed for by these people.

Another thing to notice is how copes degrade concurrently with bluepilled romantic delusions. Both copes and "true love" now require less effort than they used to. When it comes to romance, one is now supposed to believe that there's someone for him and he doesn't even need to search for her, because it allegedly suffices to wait for her to turn up
and sometimes she does after having hit the wall

Many of the widely preferred copes now require little to no effort. These include playing video games, eating fast food and watching anime, which I have already mentioned. I'd like to put the emphasis on it, because it's now gaining popularity at an impressive rate.

This cope has always seemed suspicious to me and, until recently, I never really tried it. Now that I've watched some of it, I can say that from my experience it's the lowest-effort cope I've ever seen. The characters, female included, are perfectly adjusted to soothe the unfortunate souls of abandoned and universally hated incels. It's not uncommon to have a regular average young male as the main character and numerous "perfect" women occupying most of the screentime. Each woman is "perfect" in her own way, but they all cover every possible preference of an incel in terms of what's called personality. It came as no surprise that they actually classify anime women depending on their personalities and devoted anime fans commonly have one favourite anime woman called "waifu".

While I'm glad that they're happy with that, I believe it's wrong to have "feel good" emotions handed to one on a silver platter. It seems to causing incapability of setting and achieving goals. This obviously makes an incel even more convinced that it's over and encourages him to keep on distracting himself with this or some other easy cope. An apparent vicious circle.

It seems, it's the humiliation, rejection and hate of an incel's peers experienced throughout his formative years that makes him believe he can't do anything about his life. Realizing it's all because of his genes only backs up the idea.

I think that the patriarchal family used to be the ultimate socially designed cope that would prevent a man from losing hope in his life. From his childhood he'd be brainwashed into thinking that he will have a household to run, a lifelong mate to protect and to get validation from and his kids to raise. For this purpose a man was supposed to work hard and achieve his goals and many men did that. What we see now is seemingly the result of dismantling the construct of family and its replacement for a legal form of male enslavement to provide for genetically superior men's leftovers.

Attachments

lordoftheincels

Incels.Net Master
Depends what you mean by genetically superior. I know plenty of thugs in the hood who get sex with dozens of women a year on average. I don't view them as genetically superior. Even though they might be better athletes also.

I don't think offering a GF is objectification of women. Entertainment isn't really viewed as "object", films are viewed as an 'experience'. It isn't really about ownership but a shared mutual experience. Consent is assumed to be inherent.

ortharzeal

EteRnal Evil.
lordoftheincels said:
Entertainment isn't really viewed as "object", films are viewed as an 'experience'. It isn't really about ownership but a shared mutual experience. Consent is assumed to be inherent.
I have combined all the stuff on the basis of their ability to make a man feel good and then classified them according to their animacy or inanimacy. Women are animate, everything else here is not.

lordoftheincels

Incels.Net Master
tremor said:
lordoftheincels said:
Entertainment isn't really viewed as "object", films are viewed as an 'experience'. It isn't really about ownership but a shared mutual experience. Consent is assumed to be inherent.
I have combined all the stuff on the basis of their ability to make a man feel good and then classified them according to their animacy or inanimacy. Women are animate, everything else here is not.
It's not merely about animation but also humanness. There is a certain humanness to cartoons and movies. A sense of connectedness. Which is also present in GFs. There is also a sentience too. Since those cartoons and movies were presumably made by an actual human being with thoughts and emotions.

ortharzeal

EteRnal Evil.
lordoftheincels said:
It's not merely about animation but also humanness. There is a certain humanness to cartoons and movies. A sense of connectedness. Which is also present in GFs. There is also a sentience too. Since those cartoons and movies were presumably made by an actual human being with thoughts and emotions.
I agree I've oversimplified it here.