I'm not so sure traditional COBOL is more complex than C++. Note that my coding experience in COBOL is very limited.
COBOL i used in legacy systemsI'm not so sure traditional COBOL is more complex than C++. Note that my coding experience in COBOL is very limited.GameDevCel said:
If you're a new programmer just starting out, COBOL might not be the best way to start out, these days.
damn those are around since 60s and 90s
i would say its around the same level, a difference is that people help you instead of making fun of you wehn you make a typo
Delphi Masterrace Language.
>procedual / object orientated or mixxed all together
>no gay runtime libraries needed like in .NET
>Inline ASM (coding driver or rootkits)
>multiprocessor compiler / multi OS deployment Linux / Mac / Windows
Show me another Language whith that complexcity and features.
Top 10 Reasons to be a Delphi Developer
If you want to be a software developer, you may not want to start with a difficult language, which puts your morale down. So, to keep your passion of being a software developer up with full enthusiasm, starting with Delphi programming language will be a brilliant option. Starting your career as a Delphi Developer brings you several benefits.
Let us have a look at some of the top reasons to understand why you should be a Delphi Developer:
- It is a combination of programming language and Software Development Kit (SDK), which allows application development for desktop, mobile, consoles, and web.
- It is a simple programming language with clear syntax.
- Code written in Delphi, is easily readable; for example, you can concatenate strings using the “+” sign rather than any function.
- Documentation of Delphi is well-organized to help you give a quick start.
- Comes with an Integrated IDE, which allows you to easily develop GUI using drag & drop, addition of event handlers, and many other features.
- Supports real-time testing, making it easier and faster to find and fix issues.
- Supports Rapid Application Development (RAD) with features, such as an application framework and visual window layout designer.
- Supports client-server architecture and SQL databases.
- Supports complete Windows API.
- Allows creating components for easy integration in the IDE.
- 1. The Object Pascal language
- 2. The rich ecosystem of third-party components and tools
- 3. The IDE itself, with the editor, the debugger, and the other tools
- 4. The library source code availability
- 5. The VCL, which remains the best component library for native Windows development, by far the more stable over 25 years, and encompasses all of the Windows APIs, including COM and WinRT
- 6. The FireMonkey library with its ability to write a single source code for the UI of applications running on desktop and mobile platforms, and covering 5 operating systems
- 7. The form-based and object-oriented approach, and the ability to mix pure coding and visual design
- 8. A fast compiler, or better, many fast compilers
- 9 The availability of 10 native compilers, for iOS (2+1), Android (2), macOS (2), Windows (2), and Linux (1) targeting Intel 32, Intel 64, Arm 32 and Arm 64
- 10. The extensive database support, with the great and comprehensive FireDAC library
- 11. The close integration with Windows programming and its APIs
- 12. The ability to call APIs on all platforms, desktop and mobile
- 13. Delphi's component technology and its core RTL library, starting with its form and components streaming mechanism
- 14. The deep support for Internet technologies, thanks to WebBroker, Indy, DataSnap, WebSnap, SOAP, BaaS clients, Cloud Clients, HTTP client library, REST client library and many third party options
- 15. The FireMonkey designers with device views and live previews on device
- 16. The modern language extensions, like generics, anonymous methods, attributes and reflection
- 17. A great community of active developers, MVPs, and partners
- 18. The unique compatibility with source code witten older versions of the product, including ancient ones, which preserves the investments in the billions of lines of Delphi source code developers have written
- 19. Some truly unbelievable applications built in Delphi over the years for all industries and at all latitudes, and the incredible success stories of companies using the product
- 20. The ability of writing custom components for all platforms
- 21. The ability to extend the IDE with new component and property editors, wizards, and more
- 22. RAD Server multi tier plug-in architecture
- 23. The Visual LiveBindings architecture
- 24. The Actions and Actions Manager architectures
- 25. The fun of coding in Delphi ;-)
i know ex delphi developers, they switched to C#, because Delphi is pretty much dead because not every software developer want to pay over a thousand bucks for a license
electrical engineering is not my field of domain, i know a dude that have an electrical engineering degree, he spend most of his time fixing defunct hardware on his hardware repair store, dude could fixs almost anything was quite impressiveDo you need electrical engineering knowledge for that?
don't put an "only" there, compute science degree is a highly valuableI only have a cs degree
to develop software or create embedded system boards yourself?I want to become an embedded systems developer?