learning coding [Mega Thread]

incellus

Incels.Net Regular
wizardcel said:
Great thread, man. Thanks a lot. Low level programmer sounds the most interesting of them all. This is where I'll start.
luck man, those are hard af
i recommend starting wit C++ (assembler 8086 and COBOL are complicated af)
I'm not so sure traditional COBOL is more complex than C++. Note that my coding experience in COBOL is very limited.

If you're a new programmer just starting out, COBOL might not be the best way to start out, these days.

GameDevCel

gonna take a break
GameDevCel said:
wizardcel said:
Great thread, man. Thanks a lot. Low level programmer sounds the most interesting of them all. This is where I'll start.
luck man, those are hard af
i recommend starting wit C++ (assembler 8086 and COBOL are complicated af)
I'm not so sure traditional COBOL is more complex than C++. Note that my coding experience in COBOL is very limited.

If you're a new programmer just starting out, COBOL might not be the best way to start out, these days.
COBOL i used in legacy systems

what assembler language do you have experience in?

XTamaska

Doesn't matter how dark it gets, the sun will rise
I taught myself some c++ and python last summer and now learn blueprint in ue4. Starting with the hardest, c++, gave me a boost in learning the rest and i'm easier orientating around code now.

GameDevCel

gonna take a break
GameDevCel said:
what assembler language do you have experience in?
Mostly 360/370/390/Z-series, but I also did some Intel X86 assembler long ago.
damn those are around since 60s and 90s

i never met someone who coded for IBM mainframes, i do imagine they where replaced by modern x8086 machines, but i guess some legacy system still prevail

NEETCEL said:
my brain wouldn't be able to handle this ѕhit
Learning programming languages is many orders of magnitude easier than learning a foreign language. Many guys in this forum have managed that (but not me).
i would say its around the same level, a difference is that people help you instead of making fun of you wehn you make a typo

but if you have enough IQ to learn a second language, you can prob also learn computer coding

Wolf

Incels.Net Regular
Delphi Masterrace Language.

>procedual / object orientated or mixxed all together
>no gay runtime libraries needed like in .NET
>Inline ASM (coding driver or rootkits)
>multiprocessor compiler / multi OS deployment Linux / Mac / Windows
>easy Syntax

Show me another Language whith that complexcity and features.

Top 10 Reasons to be a Delphi Developer
If you want to be a software developer, you may not want to start with a difficult language, which puts your morale down. So, to keep your passion of being a software developer up with full enthusiasm, starting with Delphi programming language will be a brilliant option. Starting your career as a Delphi Developer brings you several benefits.

Let us have a look at some of the top reasons to understand why you should be a Delphi Developer:

1. It is a combination of programming language and Software Development Kit (SDK), which allows application development for desktop, mobile, consoles, and web.
  2. It is a simple programming language with clear syntax.
  3. Code written in Delphi, is easily readable; for example, you can concatenate strings using the “+” sign rather than any function.
  4. Documentation of Delphi is well-organized to help you give a quick start.
  5. Comes with an Integrated IDE, which allows you to easily develop GUI using drag & drop, addition of event handlers, and many other features.
  6. Supports real-time testing, making it easier and faster to find and fix issues.
  7. Supports Rapid Application Development (RAD) with features, such as an application framework and visual window layout designer.
  8. Supports client-server architecture and SQL databases.
  9. Supports complete Windows API.
  10. Allows creating components for easy integration in the IDE.

• 1. The Object Pascal language
  • 2. The rich ecosystem of third-party components and tools
  • 3. The IDE itself, with the editor, the debugger, and the other tools
  • 4. The library source code availability
  • 5. The VCL, which remains the best component library for native Windows development, by far the more stable over 25 years, and encompasses all of the Windows APIs, including COM and WinRT
  • 6. The FireMonkey library with its ability to write a single source code for the UI of applications running on desktop and mobile platforms, and covering 5 operating systems
  • 7. The form-based and object-oriented approach, and the ability to mix pure coding and visual design
  • 8. A fast compiler, or better, many fast compilers
  • 9 The availability of 10 native compilers, for iOS (2+1), Android (2), macOS (2), Windows (2), and Linux (1) targeting Intel 32, Intel 64, Arm 32 and Arm 64
  • 10. The extensive database support, with the great and comprehensive FireDAC library
  • 11. The close integration with Windows programming and its APIs
  • 12. The ability to call APIs on all platforms, desktop and mobile
  • 13. Delphi's component technology and its core RTL library, starting with its form and components streaming mechanism
  • 14. The deep support for Internet technologies, thanks to WebBroker, Indy, DataSnap, WebSnap, SOAP, BaaS clients, Cloud Clients, HTTP client library, REST client library and many third party options
  • 15. The FireMonkey designers with device views and live previews on device
  • 16. The modern language extensions, like generics, anonymous methods, attributes and reflection
  • 17. A great community of active developers, MVPs, and partners
  • 18. The unique compatibility with source code witten older versions of the product, including ancient ones, which preserves the investments in the billions of lines of Delphi source code developers have written
  • 19. Some truly unbelievable applications built in Delphi over the years for all industries and at all latitudes, and the incredible success stories of companies using the product
  • 20. The ability of writing custom components for all platforms
  • 21. The ability to extend the IDE with new component and property editors, wizards, and more
  • 22. RAD Server multi tier plug-in architecture
  • 23. The Visual LiveBindings architecture
  • 24. The Actions and Actions Manager architectures
  • 25. The fun of coding in Delphi ;-)

GameDevCel

gonna take a break
Delphi Masterrace Language.

>procedual / object orientated or mixxed all together
>no gay runtime libraries needed like in .NET
>Inline ASM (coding driver or rootkits)
>multiprocessor compiler / multi OS deployment Linux / Mac / Windows
>easy Syntax

Show me another Language whith that complexcity and features.

Top 10 Reasons to be a Delphi Developer
If you want to be a software developer, you may not want to start with a difficult language, which puts your morale down. So, to keep your passion of being a software developer up with full enthusiasm, starting with Delphi programming language will be a brilliant option. Starting your career as a Delphi Developer brings you several benefits.

Let us have a look at some of the top reasons to understand why you should be a Delphi Developer:

1. It is a combination of programming language and Software Development Kit (SDK), which allows application development for desktop, mobile, consoles, and web.
  2. It is a simple programming language with clear syntax.
  3. Code written in Delphi, is easily readable; for example, you can concatenate strings using the “+” sign rather than any function.
  4. Documentation of Delphi is well-organized to help you give a quick start.
  5. Comes with an Integrated IDE, which allows you to easily develop GUI using drag & drop, addition of event handlers, and many other features.
  6. Supports real-time testing, making it easier and faster to find and fix issues.
  7. Supports Rapid Application Development (RAD) with features, such as an application framework and visual window layout designer.
  8. Supports client-server architecture and SQL databases.
  9. Supports complete Windows API.
  10. Allows creating components for easy integration in the IDE.

• 1. The Object Pascal language
  • 2. The rich ecosystem of third-party components and tools
  • 3. The IDE itself, with the editor, the debugger, and the other tools
  • 4. The library source code availability
  • 5. The VCL, which remains the best component library for native Windows development, by far the more stable over 25 years, and encompasses all of the Windows APIs, including COM and WinRT
  • 6. The FireMonkey library with its ability to write a single source code for the UI of applications running on desktop and mobile platforms, and covering 5 operating systems
  • 7. The form-based and object-oriented approach, and the ability to mix pure coding and visual design
  • 8. A fast compiler, or better, many fast compilers
  • 9 The availability of 10 native compilers, for iOS (2+1), Android (2), macOS (2), Windows (2), and Linux (1) targeting Intel 32, Intel 64, Arm 32 and Arm 64
  • 10. The extensive database support, with the great and comprehensive FireDAC library
  • 11. The close integration with Windows programming and its APIs
  • 12. The ability to call APIs on all platforms, desktop and mobile
  • 13. Delphi's component technology and its core RTL library, starting with its form and components streaming mechanism
  • 14. The deep support for Internet technologies, thanks to WebBroker, Indy, DataSnap, WebSnap, SOAP, BaaS clients, Cloud Clients, HTTP client library, REST client library and many third party options
  • 15. The FireMonkey designers with device views and live previews on device
  • 16. The modern language extensions, like generics, anonymous methods, attributes and reflection
  • 17. A great community of active developers, MVPs, and partners
  • 18. The unique compatibility with source code witten older versions of the product, including ancient ones, which preserves the investments in the billions of lines of Delphi source code developers have written
  • 19. Some truly unbelievable applications built in Delphi over the years for all industries and at all latitudes, and the incredible success stories of companies using the product
  • 20. The ability of writing custom components for all platforms
  • 21. The ability to extend the IDE with new component and property editors, wizards, and more
  • 22. RAD Server multi tier plug-in architecture
  • 23. The Visual LiveBindings architecture
  • 24. The Actions and Actions Manager architectures
  • 25. The fun of coding in Delphi ;-)
It looks like Delphi/Object Pascal has recently dropped from position 22 to 30 in this list of programming language popularity:

https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/
i know ex delphi developers, they switched to C#, because Delphi is pretty much dead because not every software developer want to pay over a thousand bucks for a license

my university professor make fun of delphi developers (omega java fanboy)

Incel29

Some prick
I want to become an embedded systems developer? Do you need electrical engineering knowledge for that? I only have a cs degree

GameDevCel

gonna take a break
Do you need electrical engineering knowledge for that?
electrical engineering is not my field of domain, i know a dude that have an electrical engineering degree, he spend most of his time fixing defunct hardware on his hardware repair store, dude could fixs almost anything was quite impressive

I only have a cs degree
don't put an "only" there, compute science degree is a highly valuable

I want to become an embedded systems developer?
to develop software or create embedded system boards yourself?
if you want to get started maybe buying and raspberry pi is the first step