is it possible for a single person to make a popular website anymore?

uninstall

34/34
i mean

everybody is on reddit, fb. and other big sites posting content for them

how can a single person compete with that?

is the internet essentially a monopoly?

Fiesta Payasos

Doomed | Honkpill
    111/300
uninstall said:
is it possible for a single person to make a popular website anymore
Yes, but you need $$$.
But I thought domains where pretty cheap to take, why do you say it? I'm curious about the subject because I'm learning html, and I would like to create a webpage someday.

Is .net profitable as a website? Don't answer if you don't want to, but I would like to know

Fiesta Payasos

Doomed | Honkpill
    111/300
vcelguy said:
uninstall said:
Yes, but you need $$$.
you need money to pay a team to write the content...etc?
I'm pretty sure a website like this can be done with just 1 people, but you need to know the code very well. I think the forum system is predefined and he edits the code to change things

vcelguy

144/300
vcelguy said:
uninstall said:
Yes, but you need $$$.
But I thought domains where pretty cheap to take, why do you say it? I'm curious about the subject because I'm learning html, and I would like to create a webpage someday.

Is .net profitable as a website? Don't answer if you don't want to, but I would like to know
You need $ for ads, backlinks, social media etc.

It's not covering my expenses.

Fiesta Payasos

Doomed | Honkpill
    111/300
Fiesta Payasos said:
vcelguy said:
Yes, but you need $$$.

Wow that's discouraging, I thought the site was profitable with the ads and the userbase we have

Panther

Synthetic Embrace
    108/300
Fiesta Payasos said:
vcelguy said:
Yes, but you need $$$.

Major thanks for hosting for us V! I don't know how much longer you plan to host, but you're the best man.

Panther

Synthetic Embrace
    108/300
Not only are we competing against major social media hubs, but we're also competing with a power hungry crew from Kiwi/.co

In a sane and logical world, we would have the most traffic and .co would cease to exist, since they're jerks who ban all their members for no good reason. BUT...we do live in clown world unfortunately.

Nemesis

0/12
Not only are we competing against major social media hubs, but we're also competing with a power hungry crew from Kiwi/.co

In a sane and logical world, we would have the most traffic and .co would cease to exist, since they're jerks who ban all their members for no good reason. BUT...we do live in clown world unfortunately.
Most of the bans on .co are deserved or requested, it's guys that get dozens of warnings and still act up, are fаggots or proselytizing trannies, or found out to be larping kids. Most of the posters there cry the most over the loss of spammers that added nothing but empty quotes and tired catch phrases. "Many men man, many men man, many men man, many men man." Some posters I found relatable otherwise went unnoticed when they stopped posting, because they had only a few hundred thoughtful posts instead of ten thousand spam posts of borrowed lines.

However, it's not helped by their colored name system and visible post count which incentivizes such behavior, and there are a lot of bans I don't agree with such as Grotesque's. It's like they have secret police on various websites trying to catch posters LARPing elsewhere and then striking them down for obvious lies, Grotesque is plainly no slayer, but he got less leeway than other posters that had admitted to sex with civilians in their past and clearly weren't lying.

Panther

Synthetic Embrace
    108/300
Panther said:

Most of the bans on .co are deserved or requested, it's guys that get dozens of warnings and still act up, are fаggots or proselytizing trannies, or found out to be larping kids. Most of the posters there cry the most over the loss of spammers that added nothing but empty quotes and tired catch phrases. "Many men man, many men man, many men man, many men man." Some posters I found relatable otherwise went unnoticed when they stopped posting, because they had only a few hundred thoughtful posts instead of ten thousand spam posts of borrowed lines.

However, it's not helped by their colored name system and visible post count which incentivizes such behavior, and there are a lot of bans I don't agree with such as Grotesque's. It's like they have secret police on various websites trying to catch posters LARPing elsewhere and then striking them down for obvious lies, Grotesque is plainly no slayer, but he got less leeway than other posters that had admitted to sex with civilians in their past and clearly weren't lying.
Personally i didn't care for it myself. Serge was offended by my posts due to his background, and Knajjd needs to lighten up and get a sense of humor. Just my experience.

Nemesis

0/12
Nemesis said:
Panther said:

Personally i didn't care for it myself. Serge was offended by my posts due to his background, and Knajjd needs to lighten up and get a sense of humor. Just my experience.
Knajjd is a power tripper for sure. There's a fine line between being diligent and letting the power go to your head, and I think he's more in the latter camp. I agree with the policy of banning homos and trannies though.

wizardcel

lolicon, transager and anti aoc advocate
    106/122
I don't think that's possible anymore. Look at what happened to Myspace, Bebo and other social media websites. We're living in a state of monopoly by Facebook, Google and Amazon.