Incel Survey

gregUSF

Incels.Net Junior
Hi everyone,

My name is Greg and I am a researcher in the Psychology department at the University of South Florida. We are interested in learning about the viewpoints of people in the incel community. Although there has been some media coverage of your group, much of it is based on anecdotes rather than empirical data. We seek to remedy this by surveying members of your community directly to ensure their views are accurately represented.

These surveys are completely anonymous. They will not collect IP addresses, nor location data. Participants will not be asked any identifying information, and all data will be kept on a secure server that only myself and our Institutional Review Board have access to. Participation is completely voluntary, and even if you begin the survey, you can close it at any time or skip any questions you don’t want to answer.

If you're interested, the link is below. Thank you for your time!

Survey Link
 

vcelguy

Incels.Net Master
We have high % of normans and females, your results will be inaccurate.
Global announcement for 5 days.
 

StrangeMan1

Malicious Wraith
Greg, your survey only serves the purpose to gather data in order to have a general overview of the people who identify with the so called "incel" movement.
You and other academics should ask yourselves how this group was created in the first place instead of merely collecting information for demographic purposes.
Everything I've read on their pages indicates that a large portion of them experienced extreme bullying or physical violence of some kind.
 

Curiosity

Incels.Net Novice
Hope it is ok for me to reply to this thread, since it is global ... also hope most non-incels will refrain from answering the survey.
Username6321 said:
Greg, your survey only serves the purpose to gather data in order to have a general overview of the people who identify with the so called "incel" movement.
I haven't seen the survey itself, but gathering data is a very important step in research. You need to gather data before you can start asking the right questions and form a sensible hypothesis. There is not much information available on incels, so gathering generic information about them seems pretty smart.
Username6321 said:
You and other academics should ask yourselves how this group was created in the first place instead of merely collecting information for demographic purposes.
No ... you should never form a hypothesis out of thin air. You cannot extrapolate from zero data points. Anecdotes are not enough either if you are serious about doing scientific research.
Username6321 said:
Everything I've read on their pages indicates that a large portion of them experienced extreme bullying or physical violence of some kind.
This is something that could be better understood by gathering data.
 

StrangeMan1

Malicious Wraith
Curiosity said:
Hope it is ok for me to reply to this thread, since it is global ... also hope most non-incels will refrain from answering the survey.
Username6321 said:
Greg, your survey only serves the purpose to gather data in order to have a general overview of the people who identify with the so called "incel" movement.
I haven't seen the survey itself, but gathering data is a very important step in research. You need to gather data before you can start asking the right questions and form a sensible hypothesis. There is not much information available on incels, so gathering generic information about them seems pretty smart.
Username6321 said:
You and other academics should ask yourselves how this group was created in the first place instead of merely collecting information for demographic purposes.
No ... you should never form a hypothesis out of thin air. You cannot extrapolate from zero data points. Anecdotes are not enough either if you are serious about doing scientific research.
Username6321 said:
Everything I've read on their pages indicates that a large portion of them experienced extreme bullying or physical violence of some kind.
This is something that could be better understood by gathering data.
I'll have to disagree with you on this one. On the subject of unemployment neoliberal academics have proven constant bias in favor of big business. They collect some data, nitpick golden nuggets in order to fit their preconceived ideas and then you get nasty reforms which only benefit the corporations. A humanitarian minded researcher seeks to be rid of this problem altogether or at least greatly reduce it. "Incels" have an even worse reputation than unemployed persons so you can figure how susceptible you are to this as well.

The only way to prevent new "incels" is to know the causes for their creation.
 
Top