I'm starting to think making smoothies at home is overrated

Leucosticte

Incels.Net Master
It sounds like a cool idea. "Just have a smoothie for breakfast, bro. You'll feel way better than if you had a bowl of cereal."

Hey, that's even true. There are some downsides, though. For one thing, a lot of these fruits don't last long once you get them from the stores. Peaches go bad almost immediately, as do blueberries and strawberries. So your options are to either buy fresh fruit in season and use it within a day or two, or freeze it, or buy frozen fruit.

It's hard to keep all of the ingredients around that you might need to make a smoothie; e.g. a lot of recipes will call for spinach, or mint, or other stuff that doesn't keep very long. Lemons, limes, and ginger are others that are often called for, that don't keep forever.

It also takes a lot of time to make these things; plus you gotta put some thought into what you're going to make with the ingredients you have, and research what recipes are out there, unless you're going to make the same smoothie every morning. On the plus side, you don't have to sit at the table and eat it like a breakfast; you could just bring it in a to-go bottle and drink it on the way to work.

Idk, maybe there's just a learning curve. I had a ripe mango and cut off half of it yesterday to make a smoothie and put the rest in the fridge, and when I tried to cut up the remnant today, that didn't work too well; it was all mushy and went everywhere. So, I guess you have to cut the leftovers up before you put them in the fridge.

I'm actually just pissed off because this morning I made a smoothie and the glass slipped out of my hand and it spilled everywhere

Last edited: