How to

BapoNoHacko

Incels.Net Regular
How does one numb their feelings so you don’t feel anything at all ever again? Tired of feeling so depressed and like crying everyday..

B_C4

Incels.Net Regular
If your feelings go numb then you are sinking into depression and becoming hypoaroused or dissociating. Neither of which are good. Feeling nothing doesn’t actually feel any better. I’ve been there more than would like.

I would suggest working on coming out of depression as much as possible. As always I’m gonna harp on psychiatrist and therapy. But also finding things to do that will take your mind off of what you are feeling. Or to express your feelings. I like video games and art. Also finding things that inspire at least lessened sadness if not happiness. My go tos are comedies and books.

That’s at least how I know to manage.

BapoNoHacko

Incels.Net Regular
If your feelings go numb then you are sinking into depression and becoming hypoaroused or dissociating. Neither of which are good. Feeling nothing doesn’t actually feel any better. I’ve been there more than would like.

I would suggest working on coming out of depression as much as possible. As always I’m gonna harp on psychiatrist and therapy. But also finding things to do that will take your mind off of what you are feeling. Or to express your feelings. I like video games and art. Also finding things that inspire at least lessened sadness if not happiness. My go tos are comedies and books.

That’s at least how I know to manage.
I love video games but right now I just feel like being alone drinking aha... I’m not proud of the things I’ve done..

B_C4

Incels.Net Regular
Video games are great. Lately I’ve been working on FF X - 2 and Assassin a creed origins. What do you play?

I don’t blame you for the urges but could you perhaps fight them on move on to something more helpful for yourself?

Many people including myself have done things we are not proud of. But that does not mean we should dwell on them. It’s best to move on and do better in our future to make up for the past.

StrangeMan1

Malicious Wraith
You shouldn't numb your feelings you need to place yourself first.

As others have recommended books, video games, sports are a good way to fight the depressive mood.

BapoNoHacko

Incels.Net Regular
Video games are great. Lately I’ve been working on FF X - 2 and Assassin a creed origins. What do you play?

I don’t blame you for the urges but could you perhaps fight them on move on to something more helpful for yourself?

Many people including myself have done things we are not proud of. But that does not mean we should dwell on them. It’s best to move on and do better in our future to make up for the past.
I’m currently playing rage 2 and borderlands 2... idk I don’t have motivation to actually try and do something with my life ya know?

B_C4

Incels.Net Regular
Oh the borderlands series looks cool. I keep thinking I should give it a try.

I get what your saying but you don’t really need motivation for your whole life right? Heck I know I don’t. You said you wanted to not feel depressed and like crying all the time so the motivation for that should do just fine. You can keep that goal in mind and pick something to do. Pick up and play a game, or what ever you want and see if it helps. Doesn’t hurt to give it a shot right? At least you’ll have got something done with your time

Tupolev

Спецназ
Naa I’m not
You may find medication to be helpful. If it's severe enough depression, you may want to consider Sertraline as an option. It has the least side effects, and seems to be the most helpful from my experience.

B_C4

Incels.Net Regular
You may find medication to be helpful. If it's severe enough depression, you may want to consider Sertraline as an option. It has the least side effects, and seems to be the most helpful from my experience.
Sertaline is one of my meds! Good stuff

love

Femoid
I would also recommend some meds for the depression buddy, I also think seeing a therapist weekly will help with the anger management and the emotions that you have, there seems to be something else attachment wise and trust wise that should be talked about. Also I think what your doing now, talking to people and asking for help is really good. Your very strong to ask for help. As others have said you can find something that you enjoy to keep you busy and not drinking. Drinking will only make you feel worse, like tomorrow your going to regret it. But if you enjoy video games play that, music, art, spiritual stuff, working out, watching tv, going to school or taking a course, building something, going for a walk or run, yoga, mindfulness, deep breathing, anything you enjoy doing.

Chad the Impaler

Incels.Net Novice
I’m currently playing rage 2 and borderlands 2... idk I don’t have motivation to actually try and do something with my life ya know?
I went through it too. Fortunately you’re admitting it younger than I did and have more opportunity to change. I found out that doing something with your life is all about big scary decisions and commitments you’re too afraid to break.

Just don’t get baited into supposedly easy solutions like online colleges that advertise during daytime TV.

You seem like an intelligent dude. Focus on the things you are proud of, and I mean focus. Ignore the shit you aren’t good at or we’re born without.

Maybe find a new hobby. It doesn’t have to be conventional. A few years back I started a hobby of signing up for seminars wherein they’d try to lure me into a pyramid scam. It’s a lot of fun when you’re immune to their pitch, and you get a free lunch most of the time. Simple changes in your routine can help you spread your wings and motivate you to bigger changes.

BapoNoHacko

Incels.Net Regular
I went through it too. Fortunately you’re admitting it younger than I did and have more opportunity to change. I found out that doing something with your life is all about big scary decisions and commitments you’re too afraid to break.

Just don’t get baited into supposedly easy solutions like online colleges that advertise during daytime TV.

You seem like an intelligent dude. Focus on the things you are proud of, and I mean focus. Ignore the ѕhit you aren’t good at or we’re born without.

Maybe find a new hobby. It doesn’t have to be conventional. A few years back I started a hobby of signing up for seminars wherein they’d try to lure me into a pyramid scam. It’s a lot of fun when you’re immune to their pitch, and you get a free lunch most of the time. Simple changes in your routine can help you spread your wings and motivate you to bigger changes.
I’m admitting it but idk if I’ll ever get motivation, I used to think maybe finding a partner would change that. I remember seeing so many guys in high school who could get the girls started driving them, worked on breaks... and I just never had the drive or want to do any of that.. i still don’t even drive.. but now that I know I’ll probably never find a partner idk how to actually motivate myself and find a passion.

Chad the Impaler

Incels.Net Novice
I’m admitting it but idk if I’ll ever get motivation, I used to think maybe finding a partner would change that. I remember seeing so many guys in high school who could get the girls started driving them, worked on breaks... and I just never had the drive or want to do any of that.. i still don’t even drive.. but now that I know I’ll probably never find a partner idk how to actually motivate myself and find a passion.
Live for spite like I do. I was a normal man for a while until I was lucky enough to meet a girl I resent so much that every improvement I make in my life is to rub it in her face. But it doesn’t have to be motivated by revenge, no matter how fun it is. We as animals are driven to reproduce. If you’re asking the philosophical question of what the meaning of life is, I could give you the biological answer of ‘to have sex and die” but that’s the beauty of it, as humans we can ask philosophical questions and ignore our biology. We can change the definition of what our own meaning is and because the human brain is so powerful we can reward ourselves for things that don’t make sense, like helping he homeless, serving our country, cleaning oil off of sea birds, winning an eating contest, trolling Westboro Baptist church, or starting a drug empire.

I’m 30. I’ve done the relationship thing. I haven’t actively attempted to find a girlfriend in about three years now. I have no desire to marry and will likely never have children. But I’m excited about that because I get something that most people don’t, I get to break the system and selfishly live for myself. My opinion could change tomorrow, next week, or a year but that’s the luxury I have. It’s the luxury you have.

Don’t try to hold yourself to someone else’s standard and don’t think that you need some moist hole to make your life have meaning or direction. You’re obviously a smart dude, just live for yourself and take care of yourself. It’s your reality after all.

Edit: edits made because autocorrect sucks

Afterthought: when you remove the objectives that society or biology make for you, your life becomes sandbox mode.

Last edited:

BapoNoHacko

Incels.Net Regular
Live for spite like I do. I was a normal man for a while until I was lucky enough to meet a girl I resent so much that every improvement I make in my life is to rub it in her face. But it doesn’t have to be motivated by revenge, no matter how fun it is. We as animals are driven to reproduce. If you’re asking the philosophical question of what the meaning of life is, I could give you the biological answer of ‘to have sex and die” but that’s the beauty of it, as humans we can ask philosophical questions and ignore our biology. We can change the definition of what our own meaning is and because the human brain is so powerful we can reward ourselves for things that don’t make sense, like helping he homeless, serving our country, cleaning oil off of sea birds, winning an eating contest, trolling Westboro Baptist church, or starting a drug empire.

I’m 30. I’ve done the relationship thing. I haven’t actively attempted to find a girlfriend in about three years now. I have no desire to marry and will likely never have children. But I’m excited about that because I get something that most people don’t, I get to break the system and selfishly live for myself. My opinion could change tomorrow, next week, or a year but that’s the luxury I have. It’s the luxury you have.

Don’t try to hold yourself to someone else’s standard and don’t think that you need some moist hole to make your life have meaning or direction. You’re obviously a smart dude, just live for yourself and take care of yourself. It’s your reality after all.

Edit: edits made because autocorrect sucks

Afterthought: when you remove the objectives that society or biology make for you, your life becomes sandbox mode.
Yea you’re so right guess I feel hurt because I found my ex started dating a few weeks after we broke up which means she was most likely talking to the guy for awhile.. she gets to move on while I was hurt for so long wanting her and even now it still hurts knowing she has her life set while I’m completely lost

Chad the Impaler

Incels.Net Novice
Yea you’re so right guess I feel hurt because I found my ex started dating a few weeks after we broke up which means she was most likely talking to the guy for awhile.. she gets to move on while I was hurt for so long wanting her and even now it still hurts knowing she has her life set while I’m completely lost
Dude I fucking feel that shit. My ex was literally on tinder and when I caught her she said it was just to find friends. I’m like “yea okay bitch”. So naturally after the break up she’s on dates that weekend meanwhile I’m picking out what corner of the apartment I wanna hang myself in the most. I jest I guess... sorta... but after the crushing depression faded and I started getting MY life back I was able to be happy again. Like “oh wait I can come home from work and immediately start playing video games? Where’s all this money coming from? That’s right I can some indoors now!” Little victories.

Che

Staff
I wish if I didn't feel anything tbh, it's better than feeling depressed all the time...

love

Femoid
It’s a crushing pain. My ex bf was sending expensive perfume and flowers to a another girl while I pregnant with his kid, when I found the receipts in the garbage he claimed it was just a “nice gift for a co worker” as a thank you. Hell no. You don’t give a co worker co co Chanel with flowers as a “thank you” so when I was in the hospital he was talking to his girl rather than being there for me. When we broke up after the loss of our daughter I was ODing on the pain meds I was given grieving the loss of not only my daughter but fiancé at the same time. A month after we lost our daughter.....he told me his new gf was pregnant.....this was while we were on a “break” “taking time apart from each other” I thought everything was over.

I went back to school. A lot of school. I do every bit of school for my daughter. I keep telling myself that I will be well educated and have a job so that I can take take of any future kids on my own if it comes to that. My ex told me I wasn’t smart enough for nursing and would even be accepted in the program. I did it just to spite him. Then I sent him sexy nursing pictures again just to spite him.

I did things that I liked and made improvements for myself and guess what? He came crawling back and begged me to get back with him because I was scoring and doing well and taking care of myself so I was hotter. Saying no to him was the best feeling better. I didn’t have anyone else I was seeing but I still said no because I realised how much better I could be.