Guide to behaving online and becoming a quality poster

OysterSauce

‏‏‎
Once upon a time, the old Internet gurus introduced customs that are now considered ideal throughout the world. Still, every country has its own national customs and traditions which are honored by well-behaved people. Basic manners are a condition for success in life and should be taught to every boy and girl from an early age. But it's also possible to learn them later on, and that's why it wouldn't do any harm for certain forum members to read a little bit about them.

Politeness is an outward sign that you're well-behaved. Luckily, online, even less tactful individuals can be taught what they were never taught at home. If you struggle to be understood online, ask yourself - was I rude, was I friendly; polite, helpful, indifferent, thoughtful, proud, arrogant, or something else? If you're honest, and monitor your behavior, you help yourself mature in the process. If your polite and tactful behavior is based on taking the existence and interests of others into account, then you can safely say that you have evolved morally. Pleasant behavior includes honestly admitting your mistakes and taking responsibility for them. Slowly learning to be responsible is one side to maturing and developing yourself. This is part of what differentiates men from women.

People should remember the old family-based society, where several family members or even several related families could live under the same roof, and the elders were in an honorary elevated position; they were heard. Their word was the law of the house, and others abided by it. But as times went on, the customs of our ancestors were forgotten entirely, and we found ourselves going down the wrong path.

Reading comprehension is an important skill to remember in all communication because it'd be ugly to just stubbornly argue against everything in a conversation. There are people who pointlessly slander others out of pure malice without even understanding what kind of trouble it can cause. That kind of behavior should absolutely be judged. How could you not remember basic manners if they've been taught to you? Proper and careful use of language should always be remembered in online discussion. Slang, swearing, ugly language and overused phrases don't give a very sophisticated impression of you. Your writing style should be precise and restrained. Don't get mad - only excited! The English language offers a fair amount of possibilities when it comes to using "power-words", but that doesn't excuse you to use them like filler between words whenever and wherever you want. Rather, they're something you should strive to root out from civilized forum speech, and your vocabulary.

When you successfully combine humor with civility, that's how you make a good forum poster, one who values his gift of humor more than his bank account. He who has the golden candle of humor should let it shine for the joy of his fellow users. Becoming a good forum poster isn't something you can learn in a day or two; natural gifts have a major part in shaping it. Reading good literature, actively participating in civilized online discussion for years on end, and a genuine desire to both be useful and provide joy and amusement for others will also help the most talentless oaf eventually evolve into a user whose posts are read with pleasure; so, don't lose your hope yet, even if you don't have a way with words like I do.

Further guidelines to remember in your quest to improve yourself as a poster:
  • Anyone can write, but not everyone writes well;
  • Post when you have something worth saying; stay silent when you don't;
  • Improve your reading and reading comprehension skills; it will serve you better than mindless babbling;
  • Control your verbiage;
  • Write gracefully and with restraint;
  • Learn to use beautiful language in your writing.

Last edited:

wizardcel

Incels.Net Master
The problem with the incel community is the pseudo-intellectualism. We have people who fancy themselves writers, scientists, scholars, historians and so forth. Even when they have nothing to show for it in the real world. I'd hate to see this forum turn into an echo chamber for pseudo-intellectuals to stroke each other's ego. Above all else, we need genuine users here. I barely see people sharing their life story or giving an insight into their world view. That's my opinion. I don't mean any offence to anyone.

Lordgoro

MAD as a Hatter!
The problem with the incel community is the pseudo-intellectualism. We have people who fancy themselves writers, scientists, scholars, historians and so forth. Even when they have nothing to show for it in the real world. I'd hate to see this forum turn into an echo chamber for pseudo-intellectuals to stroke each other's ego. Above all else, we need genuine users here. I barely see people sharing their life story or giving an insight into their world view. That's my opinion. I don't mean any offence to anyone.
Cant say IM not sharing, haha