(Gaming) Chevy Lovers

Saint Mentalcel

Inspiring the Weak and Defenseless like C-S-H
Saint Mentalcel said:
PC gaming, here I come. Bored with consoles, not enough variety.
The PS2/PS3 has enough great games to last a lifetime, but you reach for every good title that you can get your hands on.
No matter the platform.
We strive to play well-crafted games.
I can get emulators for cheap and they come with free games too, I should've gotten a PC from the start instead of buying consoles. Damn my budget.

DarkMTS_57

Doomer RacER
DarkMTS_57 said:
Saint Mentalcel said:
PC gaming, here I come. Bored with consoles, not enough variety.
The PS2/PS3 has enough great games to last a lifetime, but you reach for every good title that you can get your hands on.
No matter the platform.
I can get emulators for cheap and they come with free games too, I should've gotten a PC from the start instead of buying consoles. Damn my budget.
The only emulator i use ( due to playing Pokémon Romhacks ) is VBA-M.
Performance wise, GBA games play flawlessly with that emulator.
Now as for the rest, i´d rather stick to the real hardware, which i do and it Kicks A$$!!

Saint Mentalcel

Saint Mentalcel said:
DarkMTS_57 said:
No matter the platform.
Now as for the rest, i´d rather stick to the real hardware, which i do and it Kicks A$$!!
Yeah... It's hard being a brokecel, but I am a reasonable person. I take what can be given atm. With the patience that I had for all of these years, it will be surprising to anyone (except you guys and the idiots I have had feuds with) if I ever flip my top. Pardon the off topic rant.

DarkMTS_57

Doomer RacER
DarkMTS_57 said:
Saint Mentalcel said:
Yeah... It's hard being a brokecel, but I am a reasonable person. I take what can be given atm. With the patience that I had for all of these years, it will be surprising to anyone (except you guys and the idiots I have had feuds with) if I ever flip my top. Pardon the off topic rant.
No problem, if you get one of those desktops on the higher-end scale.
You are able to play those PS2 games that you want to play, however...
Despite the sharp and smooth graphics, there will be glitches that are exclusive to the emulator which you can do nothing about.

Best way to go, is to get a well conserved 32" CRT TV ( Mine is a Philips ), and a PS2 Slim version with a Sony DualShock 2 controller in good condition, and this is very important!
An official 8Mb memory card, not those knock offs with 16Mbs, or 32Mbs even.
Some games won´t save with those third party memory cards, and the same applies for non-official controllers like MadCatz, Thrust and the list goes on...

As long as you have fun, that´s what you should do.

Last edited:

Saint Mentalcel

Saint Mentalcel said:
DarkMTS_57 said:
Despite the sharp and smooth graphics, there will be glitches that are exclusive to the emulator which you can do nothing about.

Best way to go, is to get a well conserved 32" CRT TV ( Mine is a Philips ), and a PS2 Slim version with a Sony DualShock 2 controller in good condition, and this is very important!
Some games won´t save with those third party memory cars, and the same applies for non-official controllers like MadCatz, Thrust and the list goes on...

Then again, I'm only limited to a laptop as i travel a lot and can't stay in one household for a long time like before.

I doubt I can do as much like you can do with a gaming desktop, but I don't care as long as I can mod the latest games.

Also, 8MB memory is a safe card? I was pretty much trying to lean towards the latest processor and atleast 16gb to get the most of my gaming for a long time and not risk anything dying from wear and tear. ѕhit is out of my budget, but I guess that's the price you pay since gaming PCs are expensive for companies to make. The power of the PC is what I mostly want after learning 8gb is not too bad, so I don't face lag in my gaming. ѕhit still ends up being expensive, so I have to wait till the prices go down a good amount. Hate having to wait for something I waited already years for, but a month can't kill me and I hope I finally get the thing I desire... Thanks for the advice, though. Not sure if a old controller would work well with a laptop, but who knows... Pretty new to the PC gaming scene as I gamed with consoles all my life.

Lordgoro

MAD as a Hatter!
DarkMTS_57 said:
Saint Mentalcel said:

Some games won´t save with those third party memory cars, and the same applies for non-official controllers like MadCatz, Thrust and the list goes on...

Then again, I'm only limited to a laptop as i travel a lot and can't stay in one household for a long time like before.

I doubt I can do as much like you can do with a gaming desktop, but I don't care as long as I can mod the latest games.

Also, 8MB memory is a safe card? I was pretty much trying to lean towards the latest processor and atleast 16gb to get the most of my gaming for a long time and not risk anything dying from wear and tear. ѕhit is out of my budget, but I guess that's the price you pay since gaming PCs are expensive for companies to make. The power of the PC is what I mostly want after learning 8gb is not too bad, so I don't face lag in my gaming. ѕhit still ends up being expensive, so I have to wait till the prices go down a good amount. Hate having to wait for something I waited already years for, but a month can't kill me and I hope I finally get the thing I desire... Thanks for the advice, though. Not sure if a old controller would work well with a laptop, but who knows... Pretty new to the PC gaming scene as I gamed with consoles all my life.
A HIGH end laptop can match almost any desktop this days in gaming ability, power, and graphics.. I wouldnt trade my Alienware m-15 for any desktop in the world.. I can do pretty much everything and look GOOD doing it.. HAHA

Saint Mentalcel

Saint Mentalcel said:
DarkMTS_57 said:

A HIGH end laptop can match almost any desktop this days in gaming ability, power, and graphics.. I wouldnt trade my Alienware m-15 for any desktop in the world.. I can do pretty much everything and look GOOD doing it.. HAHA
Then again, you said it wasn't cheap. You get more quality for more money sadly... Over for brokecels. Which is funny how I seem atleast middle class, yet the taxes eat up all of the money my family gets from militirial status. Can't get fun out of life when all of the bills eat up the money that would make life more fun to live in. I wish I had free rent..

DarkMTS_57

Doomer RacER
DarkMTS_57 said:
Saint Mentalcel said:

Also, 8MB memory is a safe card?
What do you mean ?
It´s the official Sony memory card for the PS2 ( Only the 8MB ones are made by Sony ) you use to save your games.
That´s it.

DarkMTS_57

Doomer RacER
Saint Mentalcel said:
DarkMTS_57 said:

How about cooling ?
Thing is, with a desktop you can customize it to your liking.
With a laptop... that´s a different story.

Saint Mentalcel

Saint Mentalcel said:
DarkMTS_57 said:

Also, 8MB memory is a safe card?
What do you mean ?
It´s the official Sony memory card for the PS2 ( Only the 8MB ones are made by Sony ) you use to save your games.
That´s it.
My bad, I thought you were talking about the PC memory card. Haha, got my mind set on that.

Yeah it's GB, not MB. Whoops.

Lordgoro

MAD as a Hatter!
Lordgoro said:
Saint Mentalcel said:

How about cooling ?
Thing is, with a desktop you can customize it to your liking.
With a laptop... that´s a different story.
My alienware has customized fan settings, and customized overclocking proprietary software just for all that.. You can literally adjust everything to your liking.. Its NOT an ordinary gaming laptop.. Colling is NOT an issue anymore, although with older laptops it can be..

incellus

Incels.Net Regular
Saint Mentalcel said:
DarkMTS_57 said:

Even a high end laptop would be hard-pressed to match the disk capacity of a full tower. My (old) full tower PC has two 8TB HDDS, along with the SSD for the boot drive, and there is room for at least 4 more 8TB disks inside, if neeeded. With a Laptop, I suppose you'd need some sort of external drives?

The other big advantage of the desktop/tower is that it definitely has no built-in mike or camera for spying.

Lordgoro

MAD as a Hatter!
Ive got 4 full terabytes fully internally on my laptop, and ive filled up only HALF.. I have more memory then ill ever need, ALL ssds.. And I PREFER the built in camera/microphones, since I cover them when not in use, but when I see escorts, I secretly VIDEO the encounters in HD, so I make my own Pοrn and get double my moneys worth...
Also, since I NEVER know when or IF ill end up homeless again, a high end laptop is the only practical option.. Its Mobile.. And at present there are NO pc games out YET that I cannot play at the highest settings on my Alienware.. Period.. Mine is not just any laptop, ive also done upgrades myself since I got it.. its not just a pc, its a gaming BEAST! :cool: