Discussion about female biology

Jen

Femoid
I am curious as to what misconceptions about the female body are on here, so out of curiosity I would like to have a discussion about everything from the hymen to periods.

Jen

Femoid
Any and all things you think are true about the female body. I saw a post from here on Reddit talking about how 'if she doesn't bleed then she's not a virgin's and was curious as to how common misconceptions about the female body are, if that makes sense.

LittleBit

Femoid
It happens a lot actually. Just because she doesn't bleed doesn't mean she's not a virgin. Hymen are different sizes. Some can be smaller(thinner) and produce little to no blood while a larger hymen can be bigger(thicker) and produce more. Plus it has to do when the partner as well. A lot of people think it should be a certain way but its not.

Jen

Femoid
It happens a lot actually. Just because she doesn't bleed doesn't mean she's not a virgin. Hymen are different sizes. Some can be smaller(thinner) and produce little to no blood while a larger hymen can be bigger(thicker) and produce more. Plus it has to do when the partner as well. A lot of people think it should be a certain way but its not.
Exactly, that's why I opened this, to debunk misconceptions. And 51 percent of sexually active teens have fully intact hymens.

Stargazer

Femoid
Yes and some women are born without them at all. Also a lot of people think its just a stretch of fleshy tissue and dont realise that a lot of them have holes in them, which means in some cases a women can have sex and it wont break, because the penis goes straight through. So, no a hymen does not = virginity and lack of hymen doesnt necessarily = not being a virgin.

StrangeMan1

Lounge member
Ok since this thread is about female biology... why is your gender so attracted to neoliberalism? Does your body get a kick out of it or what? I've never seen more devout foot soldiers of neoliberalism than women.

Stargazer

Femoid
Ok since this thread is about female biology... why is your gender so attracted to neoliberalism? Does your body get a kick out of it or what? I've never seen more devout foot soldiers of neoliberalism than women.
I can only speak for myself, but i definately do not support neoliberalism.

I think it really comes down to the fact that most women do not truly understand the wider impact of what they are supporting. They dont see beyond their sphere and lack class consciousness. They are happy in their ignorance and only care about things that impact their life directly - such as social liberation. Education is key.

LittleBit

Femoid
Some women go a bit far at times and wont see the bigger picture and what harm they cause but this thread is about the female anatomy. And maybe you didnt have a reason to research but you really dont need a girlfriend to learn about their anatomy.

Stargazer

Femoid
Some women go a bit far at times and wont see the bigger picture and what harm they cause but this thread is about the female anatomy. And maybe you didnt have a reason to research but you really dont need a girlfriend to learn about their anatomy.
Personally, i find the human anatomy fascinating

Leucosticte

Lounge member
Yes and some women are born without them at all. Also a lot of people think its just a stretch of fleshy tissue and dont realise that a lot of them have holes in them, which means in some cases a women can have sex and it wont break, because the penis goes straight through. So, no a hymen does not = virginity and lack of hymen doesnt necessarily = not being a virgin.
Yeah but what's the exception and what's the rule? There are a lot of weird exceptions, like a certain number of women being hermaphrodites, but people want to try to carve out a bunch of exceptions to suit them (e.g. say there are dozens of different genders). Even if the hymen isn't a perfect way of determining virginity, it was still considered reliable enough evidence at one time that chicks could be put to death over the lack of it.

lordoftheincels

Staff Member
Lounge member
I think there is only a spectrum of 2 different sexes...gender is more like a social role, modern women dont seem feminine to me but they dont really seem masculine to me either, kinda seems like nugendered imo, at least the females on mainstream television.

lordoftheincels

Staff Member
Lounge member
Yeah but what's the exception and what's the rule? There are a lot of weird exceptions, like a certain number of women being hermaphrodites, but people want to try to carve out a bunch of exceptions to suit them (e.g. say there are dozens of different genders). Even if the hymen isn't a perfect way of determining virginity, it was still considered reliable enough evidence at one time that chicks could be put to death over the lack of it.
this was also in the age of other backwards things, like bloodletting, they didn't do reasonable science back then