Can you be morally neutral?

Can you be morally neutral?

• Total voters

UnDinkstered

The Christian Crusader
I'm afraid you can not be neutral. I've asked myself that question and made an example and an analysis of it. No action is neutral, no inaction is neutral, all reach an outcome. Outcome by the definition can't be neutral, as by doing, or not doing, you de facto decide of an outcome, pull or not to pull the lever? All reach an outcome. Can you not choose at all? If an action is de facto an action? I've made a quick analysis in notepad and I will paste it here.

Can a neutral position be possible? An example: Trolley problem: If you pull the lever, one person will die, if you don't, four will. Regardless of your actions in this very problem, there will be at the very least one death. Doing nothing can't be seen as being neutral, as it will be a consequence in which a person dies. Can neutrality be achieved? Pull the lever - Kill one person, an evil act, but save four, a good act, good & bad = neutral? Don't pull the level - Kill four people, an evil act, but save one, a good act, good & bad = neutral? Are they really neutral? Two options could hypothetically end up in a "Neutral" case if it were to the fact that there are no possible options that would end up in neither of these people dying and also would require inaction, or could've been achieved with inaction. But is not pulling the level, inaction? Or is it a choice you've made, and reached a conclusion in death? Inaction by the definition is neutral, as you don't make a choice, but what if by doing nothing, there will be 4 people left to die? Wouldn't that be practically speaking a choice you've chosen? A choice not to pull the lever? That is an oxymoron, a contradiction to the very definition of inaction, as your inaction is action, it's contradicting itself. Inaction, in this case, cannot be neutral, as it is one of the outcomes, it is a choice, inaction is effectively an action, as you've achieved a conclusion to the problem, death of four. If your inaction creates a conclusion, it is not neutral, it cannot be.

I believe that you can only be evil or good in this world. Inaction creates an action - it's impossible to not choose, as all inactions are actions, and all actions are decisions, and all decisions lead to an outcome, and outcomes are either good or bad morally speaking, it will either hurt, help, or both, each to some degree.

Discuss, I'm really boggled about it.

pandabaer6

ALL Incels Unifier
Some old men in Europe learned to separate private interests from official duty….

So they could really handle citizen equal before the law....

Foids are almost never able to follow the law. They melt state and citizen interests illegally with the private interests of the family….

Since foids are in politics they infected also males with their "natural" corruption. So today most politgaengs are corrupt puppets of paying billionaires, instead of ruling for law, order, and equality for all citizens….

Augustan Isidor

19 Year Old Youngcel
You can't be neutral but I wouldn't say that there is such a thing as evil or good. The way I see it, there are shades of grey because even the people we've been taught are evil have done good themselves. Evil and good only exist in fantasy, be it novels, video games, movies etc. They're just plot devices to move the story forward and give the hero something to face. How many powerful people in this world openly want to destroy the world and how many people live life compelled purely through selflessness, none.

In regards to neutrality, there is no such thing. Human's morality are affected by their environment, their environment isn't neutral therefore impossible. Neutrality is just cowardice tbh.

pandabaer6

ALL Incels Unifier
Who ist not willing to be our poodle for criminal neocolonial wars is our enemy?.....

Neutrality can be cowardice. But it can be also a saver or restorer of peace between warmongers!....

And an advocate not only for foids, but also for childs and mens rights....

pandabaer6

ALL Incels Unifier
is self interest evil or good?
Top question!....
It is even excellent, if its followed within the law and not harming weakers!....
Its destroying citizen, people and state, when abusing state given power for self interest or even interests of election buyers….

pandabaer6

ALL Incels Unifier
MORALITY is an ARTIFICIAL concept, much like good and evil.. Doesnt really EXIST, not in nature, not in the Universe, ONLY to us, and what we "agree" to
Bingo!….
As long as "we" agree, that foids in bigotry are overfed and overpaid for nothing, they stop to move hands and lips for citizen, people or state....

Saint Mentalcel

Inspiring the Weak and Defenseless like C-S-H
Life is priceless to me. I would just let the people die (depends if they're foids) as they wouldn't blow me or give me sex for saving their fuсking asses.

NoHopeNoFear

Tathāgata
tetsusaiga said:
is self interest evil or good?
Self interest is the only interest that matters in this world.
to a degree, I think that in spite of how badly I've been treated in the past suffering within itself is bad no matter who it happens to. When you realise your pain is the same as someone else's you see suffering not as a personal problem but a problem of life in general.
I will caveat that I edge towards compassion more on the men/children/animal side, with foids I refuse to inflict cruelty but I shall show no mercy

UnDinkstered

The Christian Crusader
What if I were to flip a coin to decide whether to pull the lever or not?
Still, an action motivated by the false belief of the fault being on someone else's hands. It's a common example of blaming someone else, in this case luck, of having, or not to pull the lever. You can replace it with asking your friend wether to pull it or not, he can say yes, you could pull it, but you're not neutral, you've commited an action, you've commited good or evil, your friend on the other hand merely helped, so he only shares the consequence of your action. The same logic goes with law. Rich man orders a gangster to kill someone, he gets jailed, cops find out that the rich man paid him to assassinate someone - the rich man goes to jail with the gangster.

tetsusaiga

Incels.Net Regular
Lordgoro said:
MORALITY is an ARTIFICIAL concept, much like good and evil.. Doesnt really EXIST, not in nature, not in the Universe, ONLY to us, and what we "agree" to
I think karma is a more legitimate force. It may not effect some in this life but it shall in the next...
if it doesn't affect everybody then it affects nobody, karma is just cope
only luck and consequences matter

NoHopeNoFear

Tathāgata
KhhvForEternity said:
Lordgoro said:
I think karma is a more legitimate force. It may not effect some in this life but it shall in the next...
if it doesn't affect everybody then it affects nobody, karma is just cope
only luck and consequences matter
No I'm saying their karmic consequences may not present themselves in this life. It will in the next though, if people are filled with pride or hatred and negatively affect others it will bring poor results to them.