Am I autistic?

Epictetus

Incels.Net Novice
In 2018, I had a buddy. He was asperger (so autistic), then he told me I was autistic and told me to go see the centre on the autism.
Then, in 2020, I saw a psychiatrist who said I could be autistic, and a psychologist also.
So, I would like to ask to the autistic people of that forum: am I autistic?

I have relationnal difficulties and tend to be passionate.

King Abazo

Flip the script Hawk style, be badass
In 2018, I had a buddy. He was asperger (so autistic), then he told me I was autistic and told me to go see the centre on the autism.
Then, in 2020, I saw a psychiatrist who said I could be autistic, and a psychologist also.

I do not know bro. I do not know the difference between an autistic person and a non-autistic person.

Epictetus

Incels.Net Novice
Epictetus said:

I do not know bro. I do not know the difference between an autistic person and a non-autistic person.
Ok, thanks, bro.

Jamesothy

Incels.Net Regular
You could be. Having relational difficulties and being passionate isn't enough though. How do you deal with things like sarcasm? Do you have trouble understanding it? Does it take you a bit longer than others to realize when someone's being sarcastic? Whatever you do don't listen to your autistic friend.

Epictetus

Incels.Net Novice
You could be. Having relational difficulties and being passionate isn't enough though. How do you deal with things like sarcasm? Do you have trouble understanding it? Does it take you a bit longer than others to realize when someone's being sarcastic? Whatever you do don't listen to your autistic friend.
Sometimes, I am bad to understand irony or sarcasm, after maybe I hadn't the same humor.

Player

31 y.o. Belarus
Player said:
I am """""autistic""""".
What does that mean?
It is a joke. Multiple quotes are the slang for "this word has completely lost its meaning to the point it can mean something completely different or opposite in the modern context".

For example, "My boyfriend has cheated on me again. He is such an incel" - "Yeah, right, """""""incel""""""" ". Or "feminism is fighting for """"""equality"""""".

Autism is a legitimate disorder but in modern society everyone who behaves not like a social-bee-wanabee considered to be autistic, "on the spectrum". Often by oneself. As an incel, you often can expect "tee hee, he must be autistic" reaction. So as I said, "I am """"autistic"""".

Let's say I have difficulties in reading the social environment or behave in a conventional manner due to failed socialization and INTJ-personality. However, people around me see it as something unhealthy. The last time one colleague unironically asked me "Are you gay by any chance?". I ѕhit you not. Normies have a very narrow definition of what is normal and what is not. Not everything needs to be a mental disorder. I am sure I have no mental disorders besides creeping depression. Ok, maaaaaaybe I have OCD, I am not sure.

You know, when I think about it, I indeed must have OCD... fuck. Aaaaaaand I need to go wash my hands again.

Epictetus

Incels.Net Novice
Epictetus said:
Player said:
I am """""autistic""""".
What does that mean?
It is a joke. Multiple quotes are the slang for "this word has completely lost its meaning to the point it can mean something completely different or opposite in the modern context".

For example, "My boyfriend has cheated on me again. He is such an incel" - "Yeah, right, """""""incel""""""" ". Or "feminism is fighting for """"""equality"""""".

Autism is a legitimate disorder but in modern society everyone who behaves not like a social-bee-wanabee considered to be autistic, "on the spectrum". Often by oneself. As an incel, you often can expect "tee hee, he must be autistic" reaction. So as I said, "I am """"autistic"""".

Let's say I have difficulties in reading the social environment or behave in a conventional manner due to failed socialization and INTJ-personality. However, people around me see it as something unhealthy. The last time one colleague unironically asked me "Are you gay by any chance?". I ѕhit you not. Normies have a very narrow definition of what is normal and what is not. Not everything needs to be a mental disorder. I am sure I have no mental disorders besides creeping depression. Ok, maaaaaaybe I have OCD, I am not sure.

You know, when I think about it, I indeed must have OCD... fuck. Aaaaaaand I need to go wash my hands again.
Okay, I understand.
Well, in my country, the autism is considered seriouly, even if there are words like """"""xenophobic"""""""".
I know what it is to not be a normal person, and I hope depression and OCD aren't too much burdening for you.
For me, I tend to be depressed too, and I have meds to solve it.

Jamesothy

Incels.Net Regular
Player said:
Epictetus said:
What does that mean?

Okay, I understand.
Well, in my country, the autism is considered seriouly, even if there are words like """"""xenophobic"""""""".
I know what it is to not be a normal person, and I hope depression and OCD aren't too much burdening for you.
Do the meds help? They say a lot of people can become suicidal when they take antidepressants. When I was about 14 my parents put me on em for a bit. I remember them making me extremely angry and irritable. It amplified sounds as well. When people talked at a normal volume it sounded like they were screaming in my ear. I didn't stay on them for very long.

Epictetus

Incels.Net Novice
Epictetus said:
Player said:

Okay, I understand.
Do the meds help? They say a lot of people can become suicidal when they take antidepressants. When I was about 14 my parents put me on em for a bit. I remember them making me extremely angry and irritable. It amplified sounds as well. When people talked at a normal volume it sounded like they were screaming in my ear. I didn't stay on them for very long.
I was suicidal a few months before I took antidepressants, and now I am not (I still take antidepressants). After, everyone is different and it must depend of the personal chemistry of everybody.

rev van mev

Chilling.

Autism is a severe condition, but its also a carefully and conveniently constructed way to call somebody a fuсking idiot and get away with it. So ask yourself, do you have a human being ailment or do you just want to be called stupid?

incellus

Incels.Net Regular
You can get an inkling of where you are on the autism spectrum by taking the online AQ test: https://psychology-tools.com/test/autism-spectrum-quotient

There may be multiple versions of this test floating around the internet.

This online test isn't nearly as accurate as getting an official diagnosis, of course. Over at a different forum, Hidden had us take this test, and I got 23, meaning that I just meet the minimum score required for BAP (Broader Autism Phenotype). As far as I know BAP is a research concept, and not something you can be diagnosed with. (IIRC, Normal score is about 16, and software developers score around 20-21 on the average.)

Player

31 y.o. Belarus
You can get an inkling of where you are on the autism spectrum by taking the online AQ test: https://psychology-tools.com/test/autism-spectrum-quotient

This online test isn't nearly as accurate as getting an official diagnosis, of course. Over at a different forum, Hidden had us take this test, and I got 23, meaning that I just meet the minimum score required for BAP (Broader Autism Phenotype). As far as I know BAP is a research concept, and not something you can be diagnosed with. (IIRC, Normal score is about 16, and software developers score around 20-21 on the average.)
24/50 . I bet now I can bully some normies about how I am less autistic than they are.

Jamesothy

Incels.Net Regular

Phew, I got 14 out of 50. At times I've often wondered if I was slightly autistic. I've always been very good at reading people and working out their intentions though.

KoolHitler

Incels.Net Novice
Adolf: "I have a strong desire to expel jews and shove feminiѕts into gas chambers."
Psychiatrist: "Hmmm, I think you might be autistic."

BigDickDaddy

Incels.Net Novice
You'll have to give us more information, but from what little there is it sounds like you are. While physychiatrics and psychologists love to diagnose you with anything so they can get you hooked on drugs there isn't much to be gained from an autism diagnosis. They're probably right.