A star and title ranking system to incentivise posting.

StoicNihilist

Disillusioned Misanthrope. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
People are irresistibly drawn to periodic rewards, Sergeant knows this well and this is partly why .co became so popular. I believe if we put a system in place to incentivise posting on this forum it would encourage existing users to post more to make this place more active, and maybe make this forum more appealing to .CO refugees, and others in general to come here.

This is the idea:

Let's start with the ranking color scheme, just going around the basic color wheel:
20200324_001616.jpg

For every 50 posts, you gain a colored star that correlates with your rank. Past 250 posts, you're rank goes up and your star color changes, and you go back to 1 star until you post up till the next rank.

The system would look something like this:

Rank 1: 0-250 (Novice)
Rank 2: 250-500 (Apprentice)
Rank 3: 500-750 (Adept)
Rank 4: 750-1000 (Expert)
Rank 5: 1000-1250 (Master)
Rank 6: 1250-1500 (Legend)
Ect......

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

0+ posts: ☆
50+ posts: ☆☆
100+ posts: ☆☆☆
150+ posts: ☆☆☆☆
200+ posts: ☆☆☆☆☆
250 posts: Your color and title rank goes up and changes color, your stars reset to 1.

In addition to your stars changing color, so does your title. But your username color should remain a personal choice.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I know this is somewhat copying .CO

But hey, they've copied things from us, and the staff there hate this forum with a passion for some reason. So I wouldn't feel to bad.

It's not like star and color ranking is some patented system. It has been around in video games for ages.

This is just a basic idea and I have plenty more details in mind to refine it, but I won't bother posting them until this idea is even considered. Thanks for reading if you've made it this far.

StoicNihilist

I don´t need social brony points.
As long as i can customize my account, i am good.

This system you are advocating here restricts many features, this is why i prefer .net over .co
You have control over your acc.
I know, it's just an idea I'm tossing out that would maybe encourage more posting and possibly draw more users here.

OysterSauce

‏‏‎
DarkMTS_57 said:
I don´t need social brony points.
As long as i can customize my account, i am good.

This system you are advocating here restricts many features, this is why i prefer .net over .co
You have control over your acc.
I know, it's just an idea I'm tossing out that would maybe encourage more posting and possibly draw more users here.
It would encourage postmaxxing and create new GameDevCels.

StoicNihilist

Hell no, people should have the freedom to make their own color. This place should not become like Co.
Under my proposed system you'd still get to keep your username color whatever you'd like.

This system would just determine your star and title color.

NoHopeNoFear

Tathāgata
People are irresistibly drawn to periodic rewards, Sergeant knows this well and this is partly why .co became so popular. I believe if we put a system in place to incentivise posting on this forum it would encourage existing users to post more to make this place more active, and maybe make this forum more appealing to .CO refugees, and others in general to come here.

This is the idea:

Let's start with the ranking color scheme, just going around the basic color wheel:
View attachment 10594

For every 50 posts, you gain a colored star that correlates with your rank. Past 250 posts, you're rank goes up and your star color changes, and you go back to 1 star until you post up till the next rank.

The system would look something like this:

Rank 1: 0-250 (Novice)
Rank 2: 250-500 (Apprentice)
Rank 3: 500-750 (Adept)
Rank 4: 750-1000 (Expert)
Rank 5: 1000-1250 (Master)
Rank 6: 1250-1500 (Legend)
Ect......

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

0+ posts: ☆
50+ posts: ☆☆
100+ posts: ☆☆☆
150+ posts: ☆☆☆☆
200+ posts: ☆☆☆☆☆
250 posts: Your color and title rank goes up and changes color, your stars reset to 1.

In addition to your stars changing color, so does your title. But your username color should remain a personal choice.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I know this is somewhat copying .CO

But hey, they've copied things from us, and the staff there hate this forum with a passion for some reason. So I wouldn't feel to bad.

It's not like star and color ranking is some patented system. It has been around in video games for ages.

This is just a basic idea and I have plenty more details in mind to refine it, but I won't bother posting them until this idea is even considered. Thanks for reading if you've made it this far.
Seems kinda corny but I like the idea. It would be nice to make it like a ranked system in halo reach or something, each title has its own description or something. I'm okay either way.

StoicNihilist

Ranks? You have serge's sites for that.If not .co then looksmax.
I'm just saying that they're doing something right to draw users in.

And I'm banned from .co anyways because they're a bunch of stuck up assholes.

Amiya

Rhodes Island
The rank systems is something that every obscure site use lol i totally hate the reaction points system, seems like something out of social media.

Eyo Solo

Captain of the 9th
No. Vcelguy should just add that shiny multicoloured name color thing if you reach a certain number of posts.

BrettyBoy

Locally undesired. Verbal, not violent.
I personally don’t like the stars on .co and it’s best we just stick to the idea of just getting to choose our screen name colours because we don’t need this place becoming like .co where you get rewarded for postmaxing but also punished for it.

StoicNihilist

You know what?

I'm just going to sport some stars in my title to see how you guys like the look. Maybe this idea will grow on you guys.